Support Groups near Glendale?

ernurse
on 6/9/09 4:05 pm
I will be having the bypass in Gilbert but I live in Glendale.  I am looking for a local support group to attend.  Any suggestions?
Lori G.
on 6/10/09 12:24 am - Phoenix, AZ
We have scheduled support groups at Paradise Valley Hospital on the 1st Tuesday of the month from 6-7:30pm and then the 3rd Saturday from 11am-1pm.

For June only (JUne 20th) group will be held from 8:30am-10:00am. PVH is located on the corner of Bell Road and the 51. Please join us if this is convienent for you.

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN
Certified Bariatric Nurse & Service Line Coordinator
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Bariatric Clinical Educator for Paradise Valley Hospital 
602-923-5612  [email protected]                                       
RNYGB 8/2003 (maintained 170# weight loss)

Nita S.
on 6/10/09 1:01 am - Avondale, AZ

Feel free to join us at  Banner Estrella Hospital.  We would love to have you, and if that is not convient there is also a meeting in Sun City on the 2nd Saturday of the month.   Let me know if you would like the details.

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

azguy
on 6/15/09 1:51 pm
When are the meetings at Banner Estrella?  Are the sessions open to all?
Nita S.
on 6/16/09 2:19 am - Avondale, AZ
The times are 10:30 am to 12:00 pm.  We meet in conference room #3. and Yes they are open to all who have had surgery, are looking into having surgery and any support people.  It does not matter what type of surgery you have had, all are welcome. 

I just wanted to let everyone know that Banner Estrella Hospital has had to make some changes in our meetings for July and August. They have events scheduled for the 1st and 3rd Saturdays, so they have moved us back to the 2nd and 4th Saturdays for ONLY July and August. Then back we go in September to the 1st and 3rd. I know this will upset some plans, but if we wanted to have meetings over the summer, this was the best alternative (the other being to not have support over the long summer when we really need it). I hope this is not too disruptive to you, but at least they did not cancel us altogether. 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

Ann M.
on 6/17/09 11:27 pm - Peoria, AZ
The Sun Cities group is meeting at the Dress Barn this Saturday (Lake Pleasant/Happy Valley Rd) at 10:30.  Come on up if you'd like, we'd love to have you.

We normally meet the 2nd Saturday of the month at 10:30 am - noon in the Sun City Room at 103rd & Coggins (2 blocks S. of Grand).  Anyone is welcome to come (supporter persons included).
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active