Getting Nervious

K_ristine
on 5/5/09 6:36 am - CampVerde, AZ
I just talked with Kathy at Bridges and she is in the process of getting my insurance (BCBS) approved for my surgery. Now im getting nervious! Im happy about changing my life but nervious about the surgery risks. I have two small children and its scarry!  Has anyone else felt this way?

Christine
Ann M.
on 5/5/09 10:28 pm - Peoria, AZ
Christine, I know I was scared the moment I found out I was approved but I also knew I had done my homework and that this would be a life saving/changing surgery for me.  I did go and see my lawyer and had my healthcare directives done as well as putting my will together.  I called it just a little extra insurance.  If I hadn't done it, nothing probably would have happened but I didn't want to test it. 

Congratulations on making your decision and please attend some support group meetings before and after the surgery.  There are many fine people there who have gone through the surgery and can help you along your journey.  Afterwards it's very important to have a support group there because there will be many questions and possibly stalls and they will be there to help you through them.  I call it extra insurance.  If I have someone watching me, I will keep to the program.  Left to my own devices, I can easily slip back into the old habits.  I enjoy my life now and don't want to ever go back where I was.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
JRinAZ
on 5/6/09 1:33 am - Layton, UT
Hiya Christine!  Welcome to the AZ Support Forum!!!

I'd venture to say that we all faced the jitters before our surgeries!  There are some sobering risks to consider with any surgery and though the stats have improved tremendously, there is still that little 5% that hovers.

Just use your waiting time positiely!  Make lists of things you'd like to accomplish after your surgery.  Think of small milestones to reward yourself along the way (non-food)...like I was to get a new pair of shoes with my first 25 pounds......I ended up getting my shoes at the same time that I got my 40 pound reward (new lingerie) cuz i lost so quickly!  LOL!

Focus on the future!  Focus on positives!  Before long, you'll be shooting me an email for information on your "loose skin" removal with plastics!  *wink, wink*

Hang with Miss Kathy and she'll take fabulous care of you!  She's at the top of my BFF list!

Hugggzzzz,
Joyce
Most Active