on 4/12/09 9:07 am - Phx, AZ
Kahlua.

(just kidding!)
dbuckeye
on 4/12/09 11:46 am - Sun City, AZ
Sounds good to Me
Ann M.
on 4/12/09 11:12 pm - Peoria, AZ
water by the gallons, Listerine (actually a better aftertaste than some protein drinks), breath mints (sugar free)
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
ginau
on 4/13/09 6:44 am - mesa, AZ
General rule of thumb ..... The more protein it contains - the worse the aftertaste!     

Lots of good suggestions so far.  But I think you will just get used to it and block it out after a while. I have  

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

jennitho21
on 4/22/09 3:38 am - Fort Huachuca, AZ
I have been mixing mine with about a half -3/4 c of nonfat plain yogurt, the yogurt has a little stronger taste to it than milk and I eat it with a spoon like pudding. I like it better than drinking it and it seems to not leave as bad of an aftertaste, at least in my opinion.
  SW-276/CW-182/GW-150
Ann M.
on 4/24/09 1:22 am - Peoria, AZ
i also mix my protein in with yogurt.  After almost 3 years, I've found which protein I like and which i can't stand (most).  It's a hit and miss thing especially when you're not very far out.  This is why we recommend not buying a big amount because your tastes do change and will change more than once later.  Deb, try a bit of water afterwards, swi**** around in your mouth and then swallow it or spit it out.  That should clear the taste out quicker. 

I use my mini blender to make some good tasting protein drinks.  My new favorite is the one Judi had that tastes like a Snickers bar.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active