Nectars Protein

Chris S.
on 4/9/09 12:25 pm - Tempe, AZ
I was having a really hard time getting creamy protein down.  It is not that I did not like it but I am not a "creamy" drink kind of person and I have wanted something more refreshing. 

I ordered Nectars Twisted Cherry and also a green apple flavor (my two favorite candy flavors pre-op)  I am drinking the twisted cherry right now and I love it and so glad I found a protein drink I can actually look forward to drinking. 

There is a post in the receipe forum from another member that mixes the Roadside Lemonade with a packet of raspberry Chrystal Light which sounds delicios too. 

Gena - thank you for suggesting the Nectars brand to me!!!!!
Chris S.
on 4/13/09 9:59 am - Tempe, AZ
Had to update:

I am loving the twisted Cherry unfortunately the Green Apple flavor tastes light rotten apple cores YUCK!  Can;t even choke that flavor down

Guess that was money down the drain......

I am going to try the lemonade flavor and see how that is. 
Ann M.
on 4/14/09 12:41 am - Peoria, AZ
Chris if you bought it from GNC, you can return it or exchange it.  If not, maybe somebody here likes that flavor a lot and will make a trade.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Chris S.
on 4/14/09 1:17 am - Tempe, AZ
Ann I went to GNC after the last meeting and asked Hardy about this protein.  He had never heard about it or anything like it.    So I ordered it online.  I am more than happy to bring it to a meeting and anyone can taste it and see if they like it and they can have it.  I hate to see it go to waste if someone would like it

I have to admit I have been to two different GNC's and at both of them it "seemed" as if I was bothering them by asking about a certain product or something.  I am not impressed with GNC. 
JRinAZ
on 4/14/09 3:50 am - Layton, UT
Hey Miss Chris,
How bout adding a shot of Torani s/f  caramel syrup?  Maybe you'd have yourself a CARAMEL APPLE?  Mmmmmm!!!

Cinnamon s/f syrup with a half scoop of vanilla protein pwder?  = Apple Pie AlaMode!

s/f cranberry juice for an apple/cran?

How about trying it as a hot drink with a little cinnamon for an herbal tea kind of treat?

Or.....scoop it into ziploc snack size bags and hand out to WLS buds to try?  (I'll trade you a scoop on Saturday!.....I've got a bunch of flavors.  Anything in particular you'd like to try?)

Joyce
Chris S.
on 4/14/09 6:27 am - Tempe, AZ
Joyce.

Perfect idea of scooping into bags.  I will bring with me and when anyone tries it and they like it the jug is all theirs as my gift.

Also I will add....the stall has ended FINALLY, did not change much but managing to get sick but for right now the scale is moving back down again  YIPEE
Most Active