Banner Gateway Group Mesa/Gilbert

Cess
on 4/4/09 6:37 am - Mesa, AZ
Hello~

I see the Banner Gateway docs have not registered with this site.  Has anyone had a meeting or had the Lap-Band surgery with one of their three surgeons?

Thanks so much :)
JRinAZ
on 4/4/09 4:23 pm - Layton, UT
Hi there Cess!
I did not have surgery with any of their 3 docs, nor am I an official member of their program. BUT....I have been attending their OPEN support group meetings for months!  You will LOVE their complete program and the oodles of people who have had their surgeon's are VERY happy!  ....  Miss Theresa usually picks up on the Banner Gateway questions so she'll probably give you more accurate info.

I'll be at their support group this coming Tuesday.  How bout meeting me there?

Graduates?  (those who are 1 year out from surgery) have support group meeting that same night at Phx St Luke's at 5:30.  My hubby and D.J. will be facilitatiing that group.

Get tons of WLS info at the Educational on the 18th!  It's open to all.

[email protected]

Good luck with your journey!  LOSER'S ROCK!
Joyce
Cess
on 4/5/09 4:05 am - Mesa, AZ
Thank you so much for your reply!  I am attending the seminar on the 18th.  My story is a little unusual as I had the RNY 9 years ago and four month later had it completely reversed.  I have been wanting to have the band done for about 5 years now, but BCBS (my plan at least) has been very hard to work with.  In reading the most recent guidlines and requirments, if I am reading it correctly, they have relaxed them a bit. 

I actually tried to see Dr. Blackstone about two years ago.  I sent in my both my op reports and the endoscopy I had six month after the reversal.  She would not even see me to talk to me.  I got so down, I put the idea away but started revisiting it again in the last few months.  Banner appears to have a good support system and the sister facility in CO is a Center of Excellece.  

Thank you again.  I need to find a really good surgeon I feel comfortable with who understands my situation.  I am almost afraid to feel hopeful again, but I am excited to meet the surgeons.
nostood
on 4/6/09 12:24 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I had lapband surgery with Dr. Schuster.  I can't say enough good things about him and his whole staff and their program.  The followup care is excellent!

You can pm me if you have specific questions.

Thanks,

Theresa
ginau
on 4/6/09 2:48 pm - mesa, AZ
Hey
 I cant access you to P.M. you ! Send me a P.M. and I will try and return  the info that way.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active