I am home! YIPEE

Chris S.
on 3/12/09 12:32 pm - Tempe, AZ
I came home earlier this afternoon.  The whole checkout process and the drive home wiped me out so I immediately took a nap.

My mom and daughter are relentless about my walking and water. 

That cream soup was cream of chicken and it was simply taken right from the can to the cup and it was so strong I could not eat it. This morning I was brough cream of wheat which was just about as gross. 

The weighed me when I got there, then again yesterday evening and then woke me up at 4am to weight me again (WHY 4am I will never know) but all the weights were the same, then told me not to panic if I had gained and I know from reading on here and others that was a possibility but I stayed the same. 

I am doing well, feeling pretty good a little pain but nothing that keeps me down. 
Deanne K.
on 3/12/09 12:50 pm - Tucson, AZ
Chris,
Glad to hear you are doing so well.  Take care of yourself.
Deanne
Nan2008
on 3/13/09 2:35 am - Midland, MI

Hi Chris!!
Glad you are home and feeling pretty good!  I got home on Wednesday afternoon.  I was like you, immediately climbed into bed because the checkout process and car ride home made me so tired....and nauseous.  That's the one think I didn't like about the whole experience is that feeling of nausea, but thank goodness that has gone away. 

I am trying different cream soups too and I agree, it is very strong....i had to water some down.  I also got some unjury chicken flavored protein powder and have made that.  it's okay. 

Well I just wanted to say HI and let you know I made it home too!  I am glad we both did so well.  I was weighed also and I only gained .7 in the hospital so I was surprised (and glad)  because I had heard and expected that you gain up to 10-15 lbs due to the IV.

Keep in touch on your progress...I'll do the same!

Nan

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

Chris S.
on 3/13/09 10:04 am - Tempe, AZ
Nan,

so glad you are home and feeling well.  I have not had any naseua yet (crossing fingers and toes) but biggest complaint is this incision on the left GALL DARN that hurts like a bugger!

I did not gain a single ounce in the hospital which is probably not a good thing.  I am trying to get as much water down as I can and jello goes does pretty well.  I am going to try some broth tonight as I am freezing cold today and want something hot. 

This gas is for the birds though!!!
Ann M.
on 3/14/09 11:11 pm - Peoria, AZ
Hey Chris, don't tell Jamie you're freezing because she'll just snicker.  I be the A/C in your house this summer isn't as high as it was last year, lol. 

I'm glad everything is going so well.  I don't know why they wouldn't add water to that cream soup.  I still add more water than the can says because it's too strong.  I'm so glad they didn't try to bring me cream of wheat because I probably would have gagged at the sight of it.

Take care and if you need something, just holler.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active