What's WRONG with me? (not meant to be a loaded ?)

JRinAZ
on 2/26/09 3:15 am - Layton, UT
I CRAVE seafood/fish....can't get enough of it!  Is this associated with a vitamin deficiency?

Last night I steamed some mahi mahi (yummmeeeee!) and steamed a big serving of fresh spinach...squoze fresh lemon over fish and spinach and thought I was in Heaven!!!!

Then.....it was like concrete was parked in between my breast bone area!  I tried to puke and it didn't move.  I took pain meds, drank water and even soda, NOTHING would pu**** through.  I about call 911 to get me!  It finally subsided with a second dose of pain meds, a sleeping pill and an allergy pill!!!  Basically I put myself into a coma!

Do you think the spinach just slimed together and didn't move?  I've never had a bad reaction with fish or spinach before.

I'm going with easy protein drinks today!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Nita S.
on 2/26/09 8:37 am - Avondale, AZ
Wow Joyce I have no idea what could be going on.  I eat fish of all kinds and have not had that reaction.  I might check with Doc um you know who, to see what it could be.  Kinda scary to think you  could wind up with a food aversion to fish.  That is pretty much a staple for me. 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

Deanne K.
on 2/26/09 9:00 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey Girlfriend,
Sorry to hear about your bout with the pain monster.  It sounds like something got stuck in there.  It's hard to believe that we sometimes still have some restriction, even though we are pretty wide open.  It get it periodically, but not often.  It can take hours to go away.
Deanne
JRinAZ
on 2/26/09 1:15 pm - Layton, UT
Deanne, Nita and Lizzie,
thanks for feeling miserable in my behalf !  LOL!  My concrete finally broke up about mid day and I rewarded it with warm homemade soup.....Ahhhh!  I seriously think I had such fine quality spinach (mostly leaves and not stringy stems) that it just packed too tightly.  It's the giant Coscto bag so I'll try it sparingly one more time.  I LOVE freshly steamed spinach!

Y'all have fun at Chuy's on Saturday without me  My hair gal had a cancellation and I MUST have my scruffy hair taken care of asap!  LOL!  Enjoy!  See some of you at the Grad group on Tuesday?  5:30

tomorrow i"m off to the puppy show in Scottsdale to watch my sister's boxers compete AND to catch some sun!  (I might find me a new baby while I'm there too)

I'll look forward to your support report!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ginau
on 3/1/09 9:56 am - mesa, AZ
ooohhh OOOHHHHHH  hand high in the air !!! I have a answer to share.. Or a hypothysis....

I believe your fish was too dense and it backed up in your pouch. might not have chewed it well enough.. cuz of hunger ???

I am going to the Scottsdale meeting  tomorrow night at Shea. Where is the Puppy show?

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/09 10:50 am - Phx, AZ
Joycie:

Evidently you did not try the Salmon w/Cream Cheese recipe I gave you.....  Maybe it was the combo...I dunno... because I eat spinach salads (every night) w/either salmon or chix.....  I'm sure, being the 'pro' you are, you are watching your portions and all that jazz...  On the other hand... perhaps you are just having a phase... I suppose we all get 'em... one day we can eat a side o' beef, and the next, maybe an ear. 

At any rate, please take care...
Arizona_Sun
on 2/28/09 12:28 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Any possibility it is an iodine deficiency?  Fish is high in iodine.  Or maybe it is just the protein that you crave and need. 

Sandra B. View my journal and educational pages at www.acdlady.com/WLS_1 "Trust your own instinct.  Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s."  –Billy Wilder  "Know your labs and track your trends."  

Most Active