Spent the night in the hospital...........no fun there.

klyn13jwl
on 1/13/09 12:25 pm - Lakeside, AZ
OK............I thought that I was doing OK.  Trying to stomach the protein drink that I have and carrying around my 64oz jug full of water........but nooooo.  I went to bed early Sunday morning around 1:00am and slept til 11:30am.  Got up, took my meds, had some breakfast (I made 2 slices of wheat toast w/ peanut butter, but only ate half of one) started feeling dizzy and went back to bed and slept til 5:30pm!!!   I was very weak and dizzy.  By 8:30pm I was at admitting in our hospital.  They pumped 2 bags of saline solution in me with no change.  I was admitted as outpatient observation.  By 5pm I was released and sent home.   All in all, they pumped 7 bags in me and I still felt like **** 
Not a fun weekend.  Boy, did that dehydration hit me hard and fast.  I'm still pretty weak..........due mainly to the fact that I'm getting the vitamins (except the protein) but not eating the foods that I know I need.  I'm at a standstill on the weight loss and this weakness sucks.

Kellyn  :

260/245/145/124 
  I think I'm ready to stop now!
Ann M.
on 1/14/09 9:04 pm - Peoria, AZ
Kellyn, I'm sorry you ended up in the hospital.  It's always a very scary experience.  I learned a very big lesson the same hard way and have since been sticking to the program.  You really need to get the protein in or life will just get harder.  You've come so far in your journey, I'd like to see you take it one step farther and make it part of your work to get ALL your protein in.  There are so many different ways to do it (drinks, bars, food) that you can vary what you eat and how you get it all in. 

I've found that there's been some people (me included) who are so afraid of weigh regain that they don't want to eat.  This is something you need to make yourself do.  You're still in your honeymoon phase so you will most likely still lose weight no matter what.  Now is the time to get started into a routine of getting all your water and protein in.  Work out a menu, use a timer, do whatever you have to do to remind you to drink that protein, eat that tuna or chicken or salmon (yumm!), eat that pudding that has a scoop of protein in it, get that yogurt out of the fridge and add a scoop of protein.  Whatever you have to do to live, do it! 

Take care, we all care about what happens to our fellow losers and want to help you succeed.  Ann
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active