6 days and counting

Lisa_Rene
on 1/6/09 11:18 am - El Mirage, AZ
Well, I went for my Pre-op class today at the hospital. I can't believe its come down to 6 days and i'm finally going to be on the loosing side... It's been a long few years to get approved, that is for sure. i met a couple ladies today that are having surgery on Monday also at St. Lukes.. It seems like i'm the first one up to bat at 7:30. So, I hope and pray everying goes well and i'll be on my way to a new and different life :) So, any ideas, suggestions, or any comments would be appreciated!!
Let the count down continue!  Lisa
Chris S.
on 1/6/09 12:08 pm - Tempe, AZ
Lisa,

I am pre-op myself so I don't have any ideas or suggestions for you but just wanted to say if you could post on your experience it will help me a lot when my turn comes. 

Best wishes, take care, good luck and all that stuff. 

Chris
Nita S.
on 1/6/09 1:11 pm - Avondale, AZ
Take Chap-stick or something else for your dry lips.  Take a robe so you can walk and not show off your business in the hallway on all of your many walks (ha ha).  I would also take some socks or slippers that have a non skid bottom for waling the halls, would not want you to slip and fall.  I brought a book and mp3 player, but never used them.  Tooth brush and hair brush and tons of body lotion.  I used that a lot.  do you have everything all set at home, broth, sugar free jello, etc....?  I will put you on my WLS prayer list, I did not see who your surgeon was, but I sure you are in good hands.  when you get home, walk and rest as much as you can.  I know that is contradictory, but you will do yourself a big favor by walking often and in between sleep.  Also drink as much water as you can get in, right after surgery it is so easy to get dehydrated because you can not drink a great deal at one time.  Set a timer when you get home if you have to and sip as much as you can about every 15 minutes or so, and set the timer again to start all over.  At first the best thing you can do for yourself is stay hydrated.  Good luck Lisa and Blessings to you for a speedy and uneventful recovery. 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/09 4:54 pm - AZ
Lisa and Chris,

Soon you will be on the losers bench. Welcome to both of you. I remember I took my own pillow and brought a special colored pillow case so they don't get it mixed up with the hospital pillows.I will send good prayers both your ways. If you have any question please PM me and I will be happy to help you in anyway. Chap stick like Nita said is always good to take. Keep us posted on how your doing. We are your support group and are here for you both.

Dawn
Lisa_Rene
on 1/9/09 7:43 am - El Mirage, AZ
Thanks everyone for the advice. It's been a hectic week so I really haven't had a chance to think about Monday. But the weekend is here and it's right around the corner. Thanks for putting me on the prayer list. Every bit helps and it means alot :)
I have the chapstick, robe and packing a few other things this weekend. Monday will be here before you know it!  Lisa
Ann M.
on 1/9/09 10:59 am - Peoria, AZ
Lisa, I think Nita has covered it pretty well.  I too will put you on my prayer list.  If you can, please have someone post on here how things went.  We'll be waiting on pins & needles until we hear.  It won't be long until you join us on the loser's bench.

Chris, I'm waiting to hear that you've been approved.  I've got my fingers & toes crossed and say a prayer for you every night.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active