Canadian in Phoenix

andreadoe
on 12/5/08 4:59 am - Newmarket, ON, Canada

Hi guys,

I'm from Ontario, but going to Phoenix on business on Sunday till Friday.

There are some things I'm shopping for while I'm there that I just can't buy in Canada. I'm hoping some Phoenicians can direct me to where I can get them:

1) Protein Bullets: Very expensive in Canada with very limited flavours. I like the New Whey bullets in the Blue Raspberry flavour. Is there a Vitamin World or other store that carries them in the Scottsdale area (101 & N 56th St?)

2) Chewable Calcium Citrate: Can't be found in Canada. I don't know if it can be found in the US, but what the heck. I figure it can't hurt to ask, eh?

3) Is there anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Travelling Canuck.

OH Certified Support Group Leader for the York Region/GTA Support Group.
ohcardsmandrea.jpg picture by lynnca1972

beckipoohbear
on 12/5/08 7:06 am - AZ
If you like the Bariatric Advantage brand you can buy it at the Scottsdale Shea Hospital at Shea and the Loop 101.  In their spa right inside the entrance of the hospital they sell bariatric advantage vitamins and usually have all 4 flavors of the chewable calcium citrate.  I also did get some at Hi Health when I was starting out that was orange flavored but the taste grew old on me very, very quickly.

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

andreadoe
on 12/5/08 7:26 am - Newmarket, ON, Canada

Thanks Rebecca,

I've been looking for the Calcium Citrate chews!

Take care,

Andrea.

ReCurve
on 12/5/08 7:06 am - Peoria, AZ
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=YQ-1006
andreadoe
on 12/5/08 7:30 am - Newmarket, ON, Canada
Thanks ReCurve,

I may go to the one on Shea Blvd & get my Calcium Chews at the same time. Very helpful!

Take care,

Andrea.

ginau
on 12/5/08 12:34 pm - mesa, AZ
 Andrea 

I buy the citracel ones at Walmart or walgreens ... also  GNC has bullets , prety much all the  nutrition stores have em ,, you might want to check out acheive one drinks -- pretty yummy

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

andreadoe
on 12/5/08 8:56 pm - Newmarket, ON, Canada

Hi Jeanna,

Thank you for this info. In Ontario they're so hard to find. The ONLY place I can get them is in GNC & the annual membership is pretty expensive. AND, not all stores carry them. In fact pretty few do. We can only get Orange (yuck!), Fruit Punch (too sweet) and Grape (I'm sooo tired of this!). I love that the US has so much more selection & the price is less than half.

I'll look at the Achieve One drinks. My suitcase, unfortunately, limits how much stuff I can take back. I love that the bullets are pretty condensed & easy to pack!

Take care,

Andrea.

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/08 1:01 pm - AZ

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to Phoenix. There are a few stores that carry the bullet. GNC and the Vitamin  Shop have them. I take mostly the vitamins from Bariatric Choice and you can get them at the SPA at Scottsdale Hospital. I use to Live across from Windsor on a island called Grosse Ile. We use to go to Windsor every Friday night to get a all you can eat Perch dinner in Windsor. We would take our boat right across. We also went to Boblo Island amusement park in Canada. Welcome again.

Dawn

andreadoe
on 12/5/08 9:10 pm - Newmarket, ON, Canada

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for the warm welcome! I love Phoenix. I've been there more than 80 times! I love how easy it is to get around Phoenix. The grid system is wonderful.

I will mapquest the SPA at Scottsdale Hospital for the Bariatric Choice vitamins. Thanks for that bit of info.

We have quite a few people on OH from Windsor who've had WLS. Most of them go to Yipsilanti (sp?) Michegan for surgery - mostly to Barix. They love it there. It's soooo close for them. It's very fortunate that our Provincial Medical Insurance (OHIP) covers our surgery either in Ontario or the US (travel costs excepted).

I grew up in the Georgian Bay area in Penetanguishene (about 2 hours north of Toronto), but was born even further north in North Bay (about 4 hours north of Toronto). In North Bay we have fish frys all the time. MMMMM! I haven't had perch in ages. I have rainbow trout about once a week. I think I may pick up some perch when I get back from Phoenix. . . Thanks for the idea.

Now, I'm off to Phoenix to shock the socks off my US colleagues who have no idea I've just lost 100 lbs! I can't wait to see the look on their faces! I just wish I had clothes to wear! Oh yeah, that's the other thing I'm looking to buy in Phoenix! Anyone know where I can get clothes on the cheap? lol!!!

Take care,

Andrea.

Ann M.
on 12/6/08 12:55 am - Peoria, AZ
There should be a Ross' Dress for Less in a mall near where you'll be.  They are very reasonable and have nice clothes.  I got some chewable calcium at a little corner health food store.  GNC does have lots of the Blue Raspberry bullets.  I love them too.  They run a little over $3.00 USD.  Make sure you put them in checked luggage though because you can't take them through the security line at the airport.  I know, I tried and ended up drinking one 50 gram one in front of the stupid security person.  Thank goodness it was only a couple of gulps but it was way too much protein and I didn't get to use it all.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active