Sun Cities Area WLS group meeting

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 5:29 pm - AZ
Ann,

What is the topic for this Saturdays meeting ?
Ann M.
on 12/4/08 10:28 am - Peoria, AZ
Thanks Chris.  I have to get busy and get my poster done.  I've been procrastinating again. 

Gail, I wish you great luck selling your house.  If you're not ready to move, it'll probably go in a snap.  Is that house up here still available?  I haven't seen Worden & Barbara lately to find out.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
RayM
on 12/4/08 12:22 pm - Surprise, AZ
My wife and I are going to try to make it.  We are about 95% sure we can.  How long are the meetings normally?  Need to have someone watch our little girl.
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 5:27 pm - AZ
Ray,

The meetings will be from 10.30 am to 12 noon on the first Saturdays of the month. You can always bring your daughter. I recommend going to meetings. It is another tool to use as the RNY is.  We all can use extra support especially during the holidays.
Ann M.
on 12/4/08 8:16 pm - Peoria, AZ
Dawn, the topic will be how to read labels.  I'm working on how to make recipes more WLS friendly.

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 9:15 pm - AZ
Ann,

That is a good subject to talk about. Did you get handouts from OH help to pass out ?
Ann M.
on 12/5/08 12:29 am - Peoria, AZ
Yes, I'm using their handouts as well as over 2 years experience reading labels and interpreting them.

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/08 4:49 am - AZ
Ann,

I have over 25 years reading labels but sometimes I have a issue believing what they say. I had my original gastric bypass in 1997. That's adds up alot and the many diets that I have been on since I was 20 years old. I think the real expert is DJ on that subject because she in getting a degree in Nutrition.
RayM
on 12/5/08 12:40 pm - Surprise, AZ
Is there a number we can call if we can not find this place?
Gena L.
on 12/5/08 1:26 pm - Sun City, AZ
Ray there is no phone in the room and I do not have a cell phone....but you can not miss it. Go Grand to 103rd Ave then turn right on 103rd.  Drive in the right hand lane and go to Coggins St.   Menke...is on the NW corner of Coggins and 103rd Ave. The Sun City room is directly behind the main building. Look forward to meeting you!

Gena

Most Active