Pre-Op!

merryterry
on 11/21/08 8:20 am - AZ
I am so grateful to have made it this far in the surgery process! But all the pre-op-what a mess! I'm using up as many sick days getting ready for the surgery as i will to recover from it. Godd grief. And then scheduling-what a nightmare. As a teacher, I can't  just leave my desk for a few hours-I have to make sure I have a substitute so I can't schedule in the middle of the day. LAbs have to be early morning, fating or not because no one is open past 4:00.

Took MOnday morning off to meet with a cardiologist and this afternoon for stress test for cardiac clearance (I passed!) And this past Wednesday for SBCs pre-op class. I have one lab left-I hope. My pre-op appt with Dr. Blackstone and some final (leave work early) testing on Dec. 5 for minor stuff(get to work late) but must be done to meet SBCs standards.

I'm thinking that after I get all this arranged and accomplished living with the changes to be successful will be a breeze. I now see myself as one determined woman!

Deanne K.
on 11/21/08 8:26 am - Tucson, AZ
Sonora Quest Labs usually have labs that are open on Saturdays.  You may have to call around to find them.  I know, because I use them here in Tucson.  Actually, I am going tomorrow for my 3 mo post-op blood draw.
Garys
on 11/21/08 12:21 pm - Mesa, AZ

If you go to the Saturday Labs, either get there very early (20 minutes before opening) or wait till much later in the day. Lot's of people can only get their labs done on saturdays and the lines can get long real quick.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

merryterry
on 11/21/08 1:07 pm - AZ
Thanks for the lab advice. I thought saturday would be a little easier, but.... sonora's website says they have one open in Glendale-sounds like it's somehwere near Banner Thunderbird...

I don't think I have to fast-but who knows-I better research my tests now!

ginau
on 11/21/08 1:13 pm - mesa, AZ
Terry

Any chance you can get them done at hospital ?? their lab is open later and test results are much quicker.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/08 2:19 pm - AZ
Terry,

I used the Sonora Quest lab in Glendale that is open Saturday. It goes pretty quick because they have alot staff working on Saturdays. It is behind Banner Tbird hospital.
ginau
on 11/21/08 11:42 pm - mesa, AZ

And you can schedule appt online SOOOO you dont have to sit and wait !!!

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/08 12:03 am - AZ
I did not know that. What is there phone #. Are you working today ? Anything new going on ? I have to get ready for NWvalley WLS group at 10.30. I want to go back to bed but I need to go.
L. TP
on 11/22/08 10:07 am
how come you are not doing the labs at the hospital?  Maybe you are.  If so, they must have changed their hours. I got my surgery in june this year and went on saturday to get it done.  So did my husband last month. 

The process is a pain in the ass but trust me, you will never ever regret it.  :)
merryterry
on 11/22/08 1:28 pm - AZ
I live in Youngtown-it's a good hour to Scottsdale Shea for me when traffic on the 101 is moving well. I have to take a half day off of work. It would be unusual, in myexperience for hospitals to do labs and testing on Saturday, but maybe they do. You usually have to schedule way in advance to et several things done at the same time.

I finally had my h pylori test today. I hope they can get the results to SBC by Monday-I don't know how long it takes to process that. I tried yesterday but the lab said you can't have anything by mouth before the test. My paper said the patient has to fast one hour prior. I had brushed my teeth. I never thought of tooth brushing as breaking one's fast. So I went to another lab today having put nothing on or near my mouth. Those folks said (now, both these labs are Sonora Quest) that even chapstick is not allowable before the test. I was able to get it done today. If you have H. pylori, you have to be on antibiotics two weeks before surgery, so I hope they can have the results by Monday so i can get a scrip if needed. Why aren't we told more about this stuff so we can plan better?

I'm looking forward to not regretting all this pain in the ass stuff!

Most Active