I am home

azrosebud07
on 11/15/08 5:02 am - Chandler, AZ
Hello fellow losers!  I got home from the hospital last night.  Had my Open RNY on Tuesday at 12pm.

I had a couple of very rough days with being nauseous and just plain feeling awful.  I think taking the swallow test aggravated my tummy more. (only had the swallow test because I was so sick to my tummy and having dry heaves)

also my hubby said he thought I was taking too big of sips - which I thought I was taking small sips - but maybe my drug induced brain wasn't running fully charged!

Now the turn around occurred when I started walking religiously every hour regardless of how I felt, plus taking extreme baby sips - so more like taking little droplets of water.

I'd say for those just undertaking this - make sure you walk regardless how you feel, because amazingly it does make you feel better and take the most insane smallest sips of water - you can always take bigger sips as your pouch tolerates - but I think this was one factor really upsetting my tummy.  I was even to the point of thinking I would not be able to tolerate water, but the key was just taking in droplets.  I've never heard it worderd that way until I though of it myself - everything I've read says sip - sip - sip - but everyone's sips are different.  Play it safe and take in droplet size amounts until you can move up to a sip.

I'll update more later.

Nita S.
on 11/15/08 11:26 am - Avondale, AZ
Welcome to the bench.  Yep when they say sip, they mean use an eyedropper.  With my  rny in 2000, I had to find that out the hard way.  You are also right. walk walk walk.  It really makes you feel more normal (what ever that is) sooner. Take it very slow and you will be just fine.

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

flyrep
on 11/15/08 5:23 pm - AZ
I remember how hard it was the 1st few months. Hang in there! It does get better..

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Most Active