Life Insurance for the WLS crowd.

Garys
on 11/11/08 1:04 pm - Mesa, AZ

At the Obesity Help seminar, I met a vendor who works with WLS folks to help them qualify for life insurance. I should be able to sign up by January at my current weight loss rate without paying through the nose for it.

He is also going to be my fiancial advisor to help my wife and I sort out some financial stuff for retirement someday.

I can bring a few of his cards / insurance info with me to Dr S's support group if anyone wants or private message me for his contact info.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

Azskyprincess
on 11/11/08 1:32 pm - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
I was denied the chance to increase my life insurance through my job BECAUSE of my WLS ...If I had stayed FAT they would have let me ...My fear is air disater NOT my RNY ...
Garys
on 11/12/08 3:05 am - Mesa, AZ
Wow!,

A Sky Princess who is afraid of an air disaster!. who would of thought!.

Actually, since my surgery I believe that I have a much reduced need for life insurance for health reasons but there is always the chance I could step in front of a fast moving bus or something
and I want  to make sure that my wife will be able to get by if something happens to me.

Life insurance discrimination for the obese is yet another problem I hope to solve with my WLS.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

Deanne K.
on 11/12/08 5:23 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Gary,
I too talked to him.  I am not able to qualify as I am on oxygen, so they automaticly deny insurance.  My regular insurance had told me this as well, so I wasn't surprised when he couldn't help me.

Deanne
Ann M.
on 11/12/08 6:07 am - Peoria, AZ

I too talked with Chris.  He's very nice and helpful and will tell you the truth whether or not he can do anything for you.  In my case, I was already at a low rate so he advised me to stay where I was.  Not very many insurance companies will cover someone with WLS but he did the research and found a very good one.

Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active