Moving to Arizona in December

desert rat
on 11/11/08 11:16 am - Goodyear, AZ
Will the kids be going to school on base or in the public school system in Litchfield Park or some place all together different?

The carpool lane is restricted from 6am until 9am.  If you have to be to work between those hours, you will be in rush hour traffic & it will take you about an hour to get to work.  If the kids can get themselves to school you can take the express but, or if they will be going to school downtown they can put you in the carpool lane.  There are options.

When will you arrive?  When do you start work?  My husband & I were Air Force for 10 years & it sounds like you could use a sponsor...let me know if you need a hand when you get here, before you get here or anywhere in between.  I've lived in & around Phoenix nonstop for nearly 20 years and first came here in 1979, and am VERY familiar with military moves, the west side of town and all the fun of WLS...hey, what more could you ask for!?

Dj
 Pre-Op 316.  Currently 134.  Goal was 135 but I'm ecstatic.
Ann M.
on 11/11/08 12:52 pm - Peoria, AZ
Kimmee, DJ is right on with her information.  I don't think she lives too far from your area.  I have found that sometimes leaving on an odd time (7:10) or something like that you will miss some of the awful traffic.  My experience was that if I left on the hour or 1/2 hour that the traffic was heavier so I usually left a few minutes earlier or later and I would miss out.  I always went north though so I can speak about going through downtown.  Once you know where you're going, you'll be able to figure out alternate routes and sometimes a surface street or one running parallel to the freeway will get you there just as fast.  You might do a Yahoo map of the Phoenix area and then see where you will be living on the map and the route to take you to work. 

The traffic is heavy around here but it's not impossible.   Find a good radio station or stick a great cd in the player and the time will go quickly.  There's plenty of us around her that can help so please call on us as the time gets closer. 
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active