vitamins

Eric Roberts
on 11/10/08 3:54 am, edited 11/10/08 3:59 am
 Hi everyone. I'm at my two week post-op diet (pureed food)  Having a hard time on when to take them. Trying to get all this water in and pureed food and protien shakes and vitamins is get crazy because I'm always full. I'm looking for someone to tell how to figures this all out! maybe a schudule of some sort. HELP!
Eric Roberts
on 11/10/08 7:55 am
Thanks for the replys. I will be at the meeting Sat. so I can bring up the ? again.

These are what he has me taking:
Dry A&D       3x daily
Dry E            3x daily
K2                 3x daily
B Complex  1x daily
B 12              1x daily
Calcium       1x daily
Chew Multi  2x daily
Chew Vit. C 1x daily

With the calcium I have the chews but I also have the pills with Mag, and Zinc.
flyrep
on 11/10/08 4:42 pm - AZ
Welcome! I would hear the ones that posted before me. THey know best!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

ScottAZ
on 11/10/08 7:07 am - Charleston, WV
Eric,

I know it is hard, as I had the same issue when i was early out.  I takme my multi 2 times a day . The first time is after i have my breakfast, then again after dinner. I take a iron 2hrs after my multi in the morning, then take a b12 2 hours after that.. HOpe t his helps bud.. Will you be at the meeting on sat?

Scott

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

ginau
on 11/10/08 7:43 am - mesa, AZ
I do my multi  right after breakfast and then again in evening,  I take a b-12 shot once a week .

Make  sure they are cut small  and dont take them on a empty stomach.

Hope to see you sat at the meeting.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/08 12:00 pm, edited 11/10/08 12:00 pm - AZ
Hi Eric,

I take 2400 mg of calcium per day. I take  it in the morning and at 5pm. I take my iron right before I go to bed. Make sure your taking calcium citrate and not calcium carbonate. I take a Vit B12 shot 1 time a week. I also take all dry Vit A, D and E. I also take a mutivit 2 x's per day. Welcome to the boards. You picked a great doctor and he is my doctor also. I can't wait to meet you this Saturday.

Dawn
Lori G.
on 11/10/08 11:28 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Eric,
Most vitamins can be taken together except for Iron and Calcium.  Attempt to make a schedule and take them throughout the day.  You can take a couple at a time with meals or with your protein shake.  You will get a routine, but just make sure that you take them.  It is most important for long time health and weight loss success!

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN
Certified Bariatric Nurse & Service Line Coordinator
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Bariatric Clinical Educator for Paradise Valley Hospital 
602-923-5612  [email protected]                                       
RNYGB 8/2003 (maintained 170# weight loss)

desert rat
on 11/11/08 11:01 am - Goodyear, AZ
It's hard to help you create a schedule based on this list saying how many times you're taking something rather than how much of each thing you are taking.  As has already been said, you can take many of these together except iron and calcium.  The calcium MUST be citrate and the "chews" don't come in citrate as far as I have ever found...please check the label.

If you are "full,"  you can switch to a sublingual.  Superior Source has D & K in a sublingual form that tates good.  They have A in a tiny sublingual dot that can be swallowed (cuz they taste terrible but they are really small, so they won't fill you up).  Trader Joe's brand tiny sublingual B12 dissolves within 30 seconds, is very inexpensive and again, it won't fill you up.  I think VitaLady.com sells an ADEK pill that's an all-in-one but again, not knowing how much you're supposed to be taking, I can't advise on how often you need to take anything.  The sublingual vitamin Ds I was recommending come in 5,000, 10,000 and 50,000 IU strength "dots," so as you can see the amount is more important that the number of times you take them.

Keep in mind that generally speaking, men should have 1000 mg calcium citrate per day but your body can't process/absorb more than 500-600 mg at one time, so to chow down on 1000 mg in one sitting is just a waste of your money.  So again, your list calling for calcium 1x daily is either not enough or is too much at one time.  So, can you tell us what the amount is of each item you're supposed to be getting?

Just trying to help,
Dj
 Pre-Op 316.  Currently 134.  Goal was 135 but I'm ecstatic.
Most Active