REVISION DATE NOV. 25TH !!!!!!

Begol52
on 11/9/08 11:58 am - Maricopa, AZ
I WILL BE HAVING A REVISION WITH DR. SCHLESINGER ON NOV. 25.  IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO THAT CAN HELP ME...PLEASE SEND IT MY WAY!  iNFO FOR BEFORE OR AFTER WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED.  ANY IDEA WHERE I CAN GET MY SUPPLIMENTS OTHER THAN VITALADY, WHICH IS WHERE I ALWAYS GO??  anY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW MUCH PROTEIN TO DRINK?  i ALREADY DRINK 3-4 SHAKES A DAY.

tHANK YOU FOR ALL WHO ANSWER...I LIVE IN MARICOPA AND WILL BE DOING THIS TOTALY ALONE, SO I APPRECIATE THE IMPUT!

bETH
flutterbyrobin
on 11/9/08 1:15 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
Congrats on your upcoming transformation!  I can't offer any info or ideas yet as I am awaiting mine, but I do offer you the best of wishes and want you to know that you are not alone! 
Flutterbyrobin emerging from the cocoon!!!!

Deanne K.
on 11/9/08 11:41 pm - Tucson, AZ
Beth,
Congratulations on getting approved for your revision.

I order Bariatric Advantage vitamins.  They have one with the extra ADEK that we need. 

On the protein I believe it's 120-150 gm of protein a day.

Deanne
Nita S.
on 11/10/08 11:30 pm - Avondale, AZ
Hi Beth
I had my revision last Thursday with Dr Schlesinger.  It really was not that bad.  Yeah there is some uncomfortable parts, but was not anything that stopped me from getting up and walking laps (thanks Joyce and DJ for the help).  The thing I am dealing with right now is the itchy skin under my binder.  You might want to find a lotion that you can apply that will help with that.  Also, you may want to go and get all the gauze and such that you will need to take care of your opening when you get home so you have it readily available.  I brought everything I thought I would need to the hospital, and wound up not needing 1/2 of it.  I did use my Vaseline on my lips, you might prefer chapstick.  The hospital pretty much supplied almost everything I needed.  I brought a book, but to be honest I was not there long enough to get more than a couple of pages read.  I was there about 36 hours (I really wanted to go home!!!).  You will never be alone, as long as you keep talking to us and letting us know how you are doing. 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/08 1:40 am - AZ
Welcome Beth,

I agree with Deanne and Nita. I am going to order the bariatric advantage vitamins my self. They mostly are chewable and have a good taste. I am very pickey with food and pills. You can also try protein from GNC, The Vitamin shop and Walmart. There is also places on line. As for itching for the binder I used a tshirt underneath. The protein should be about 120 mg to 150 mg. The more the better. You will need Dry Vit A, D, E and K. I don't take Vit K because I am on blood thinners. Good Multi Vit. I also take Vit c. I take a total 2400 mg of Calcium Citrate a day in the morning and 5pm. Make sure its calcium citrate and not claim carbonate. We don't absorb calcium carbonate. That is all that I can think of for now. You can PM if you have anymore questions and Welcome again to the boards.
Begol52
on 11/11/08 1:40 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Dear Dawn:

How long were you in the hospital?  I want to stay there as long as I can, because I have no one to help me at home.  Were you able to get up and go to the bathroom your self?  How are you doing now with foods?  Is it easy to swallow pills and can youdo that after surgery?  I take about 27 vitamins a day already and want to keep taking them.  What do you eat?  I have heard that there are a lot of "bathroom" issues...gas and diarreha...is that true?  Oh God...I hope not!  Can you eat "real" food?  I have already lost 170 lbs, but have recently started putting it back on and don't want that treennd to continue, so I am "nipping it in the bud" so to speak. 

Please write to me at [email protected]

Thanks so much!

Beth.

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/08 2:48 pm - AZ
Beth,

I sent you a very long note thru your msn email. I hope I alittle bit.

Dawn
Most Active