Anyone have Dr. Juarez??

mymaize
on 11/7/08 12:23 pm - phoenix, AZ
Hi.  I am waiting for a surgery date.  Have everything else finally done.  If you had Dr. H. Juarez at St. Lukes;  how long was the waiting time for surgery? 

Thanks so much.

Bette M

surgery 12-19-08.  on my way!!
thenewme_1
on 11/8/08 12:34 am - Chandler , AZ
Hi Bette!
I had Dr. Juarez and had my surgery in May of this year. Once I found out that I was approved and was scheduled for surgery 2 weeks later and St. Lukes.
If you have any other questions PM me!

Congratulations!

Alicia
jschlechty
on 11/8/08 2:56 am - Mesa, AZ
I had my surgery in January with Dr. Juarez, but at Good Sam.  I had about 3 weeks between being approved and my surgery.  Good Luck!
mymaize
on 11/8/08 5:59 am - phoenix, AZ
Thank you for the info.  I am hoping to have it done before Christmas which sounds about right with your info.  Would rather have it tomorrow but we all feel that way I think.

Bette

jeannetteg
on 11/8/08 12:57 pm - phoenix, AZ
Hello,
I just got home from St Lukes today.  After I was approved they were ready to give me the surgery about 10 days later, I postponed it another week because of prior engagments.
My surgery went well yeserday and because of medicare I had to stay over night. 
Dr, Juarex came in to the hospital to check me out around 10am.  I am home now and in minor pain,  I am taking Lortab for the pain and it takes the edge off.  
I am sure ou will get your call sooner than you think.
jeannette
mymaize
on 11/8/08 2:10 pm - phoenix, AZ
Hi Jeannette.  does medicare require an overnight stay or was there a specific reason they wanted you to stay.  I thought it was going to be an in and out.  Oh well, as long as I get it done.

Best wishes to you.  See you on the losers bench.

bette

jeannetteg
on 11/9/08 6:25 am - phoenix, AZ
Bette,
Medicare required an over night stay, the tv is just regualr channels so bring something to do!
feeling ok today, I am taking a little pain med to take the edge off.  I have been walking, I can't seem to bend over, kind of feel like I am pregnant.  I am sure it will ease in a couple days.
j
JRinAZ
on 11/8/08 2:14 pm - Layton, UT
Jeannette!

Woooooooooo Hoooooooooo!!!!  You are officially a LOSER!!!!
High Five
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Terili
on 11/9/08 9:37 am - Surprise, AZ
I had Dr. J.
Once I was approved - it was six weeks before I got a surgery date. This was in Jan 2006, so it was awhile ago - but thought I'd throw my 2 cents in!
Teri
mymaize
on 11/9/08 11:05 am - phoenix, AZ
thank you to all that have answered.  I had no idea if his waiting time was a week or 3 months.  Kind of anxious as you probably have felt.

bette

Most Active