Granola Streusel-Topped Sweet Potatoes

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 11/6/08 1:11 am - Tucson, AZ
6 medium dark-orange sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (7 to 8 cups)
1/2 cup sugar free Cool Whip
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup real maple syrup or maple-flavored syrup, sugar free
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 Kashi Pumpkin Spice Flax Bars (or your favorite granola bar) with
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1. Place potato pieces in 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven. Add enough water to cover; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
2. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. To potatoes, add whipping cream, 2 tablespoons butter, the maple syrup and salt. Mash with potato masher or electric mixer until smooth. Spoon into baking dish.
3. In small bowl, mix crushed granola bars and 2 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle over potatoes.
4. Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and topping is crisp.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
  Make the Most of This Recipe  
Time-Saver
Make this rich casserole up to 8 hours ahead of time, but sprinkle with the granola bar mixture just before baking.
Special Touch
For the prettiest dish with the best flavor, use dark-orange or red sweet potatoes in this recipe.
  Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 210mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 13g); Protein 2Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 300%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2 
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

ginau
on 11/6/08 1:26 am - mesa, AZ
YUMM!!

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 11/6/08 1:46 am - Tucson, AZ
I thought it sounded good myself and I love sweet potatoes.   Here's another one I found on the recipe board.

Pumpkin Pound Cake

1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup Splenda
5 large eggs
2 cups almond flour

How To Prepare: Preheat oven to 300f. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and sprinkle 2T of the Splenda in the pan. Set aside.

Beat pumpkin, baking powder, vanilla and pumpkin spice with the Splenda until smooth. Beat in eggs then almond flour. Add a little water if needed to make it a thick, but pour-able batter.

Pour into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. It will pull away from the sides of the pan and "test" done when a toothpick comes out clean.

Top with freshly whipped cream with Splenda and pumpkin pie spice added!
Servings: 8
Per Serving: 183 Calories; 13g Fat; 10g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

FLGail
on 11/6/08 4:43 am - Sun City, AZ
Becky, They both sound delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am defintely going to try both recipes.
                                                                                  Thanks
                                                                                                   Gail

Most Active