Eydie's update

motorhomemama
on 11/4/08 1:31 pm - Okotoks, Canada
Hi, Arizona pals.  Well haven't posted for a while.  Seems like I spend all my time driving the four  and a half hours up to Edmonton to the clinic and back.  I have gone once a week for the last month and still don't have it all finalized although they did phone this morning and say they are moving my surgery date up to Nov. 19 instead of Dec.3 so I guess I had better start that darn liquid diet tomorrow for sure!!  And rearrange the rest of my life once again!!

It is snowing here tonight and I sure wish I was in my cute little park model down there, but maybe after my first fill they will let me come for a month or two.

The surgeon is a Dr. Karmali and I guess he trained in Texas, not as experienced as Dr. Blackstone and the clinic is definitely not as organized, but my insurance covers it up here and in these economic times that is important too.

Well I'm off to buy Ensure HP ( four cans a day and a glass of skim milk)  WOHOO hope it's not too gross.

Love and good luck to all   Eydie
342/298/280175  highest / surgery  wtNov 19/08/ current/ goal
Ann M.
on 11/5/08 12:02 am - Peoria, AZ
It won't be long now Eydie.  I bet you're allowed to travel a lot earlier than your first fill too which should put you here in the warmth while it's snowing & blowing up there.  We'll save some sunshine for you.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
motorhomemama
on 11/5/08 8:04 am - Okotoks, Canada
Thanks Anne .  Welll after a lot of upset and miscommunication I think everything is set to go .
I am hoping to be able to come down for a while in January (the doc here wants toi do all his own fills) and maybe fly hoome once in February for a second fill then go home end of March.

Sure hope it works out that way...it is snowing up here and everything is white....ugh!!!

Thanks again.   Eydie
342/298/280175  highest / surgery  wtNov 19/08/ current/ goal
Most Active