Clear Liquids

Nita S.
on 11/2/08 1:31 am - Avondale, AZ
My revision is getting closer and closer, and I am so excited.  It is amazing to me that this time around I have absolutely no fear at all.  Last time I knew that I wanted my rny, but I was terrified.  Any way off subject, the day before my revision I am to have clear liquids, so are the Nectar's considered clear liquids?  I know it sounds goofy, but I have never thought about it before and I want to protein load as much as possible. 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

mymaize
on 11/2/08 12:48 pm - phoenix, AZ
when I was in nursing school, they taught us that clear liquid was any liquid that you could see thru.  water, 7-up, weak tea, broth, etc.

Hope this helps

bette m

surgery 12-19-08.  on my way!!
Ann M.
on 11/2/08 1:12 pm - Peoria, AZ
MyMaize said what I was going to tell you too.  Can you see through the nectar or is it opaque.  If you can see through it, it should be ok.

The day is coming so fast.  I've got you in my prayers (as well as Dr. S). 
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
ginau
on 11/2/08 3:21 pm - mesa, AZ
Hey  Missy !!!

Are you doing bowel prep prior to surgery ???   call and ask Jenn Or Dr S  if youcan have nectar  day before or not .... When in Doubt ASK !!!

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Lori G.
on 11/3/08 12:22 am - Phoenix, AZ
Clear liquids are just that...clear.  If you want to stay with products that are high protein and clear, then Isopure would be one.  Nectar, even when mixed is not clear, so stay with the clear items....
water (any type or flavor....no sugar), broth, Crystal Light, Tea (preferably decaf), SF Jello, SF Popsicles, NO SODA....even if it is diet.  Remember, that soda is one of the forever "no's".  Costco also sells a  new product called Pro2O.  They are small packets (single serve) that you can mix with water.  This also would be considered clear liquid. 

Best Wishes, and see you on Thursday here at PVH!

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN
Certified Bariatric Nurse & Service Line Coordinator
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Bariatric Clinical Educator for Paradise Valley Hospital 
602-923-5612  [email protected]                                       
RNYGB 8/2003 (maintained 170# weight loss)

Nita S.
on 11/3/08 12:59 am - Avondale, AZ
Hey everyone,
Thanks for all of the input, I guess my brain is getting sorta fried and thinking is not my strong suit right now.  I do not have any Isopure, so I will just stick to the others.  I looked for the Pro20 at Costco, but could not find it.  Where about at your Costco do you find it?  I will ask next time I go, and maybe have them help me find it. 

Again thanks everyone, and I will see you on the loosers bench once again, after being gone for so long.  I am so excited about this that I am actually thinking of getting a button to wear that says " I am officially a looser!!"  I just feel like shouting it from the roof tops, as this has been a long battle, but it has paid off. 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

Lori G.
on 11/3/08 1:18 am - Phoenix, AZ
Nita,
I usually purchase the Isopure at The Vitamin Shoppe.  The Pro2O i purchased at the Costco on Cave Creek and the 101.  I saw it there last week near the other protein supplements in the Pharmacy area. 
Best Wishes...

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN
Certified Bariatric Nurse & Service Line Coordinator
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Bariatric Clinical Educator for Paradise Valley Hospital 
602-923-5612  [email protected]                                       
RNYGB 8/2003 (maintained 170# weight loss)

Most Active