Stevia vs. Splenda

Stephanie W.
on 10/28/08 3:24 pm - Peoria, AZ
Does anyone use Stevia? Is it the same as Splenda? As always, your feedback is much appreciated.

--Stephanie

At goal- I'm luvin' it!

casper7922
on 10/28/08 4:59 pm
mgamine
on 10/29/08 6:10 am - Mesa, AZ
I just put some in my tea--I keep a bottle of it on my desk at work.  Stevia is an herb that you can use in place of sugar.  I don't experience the dumping using Stevia that I can experience wtih sugar, splenda, or any of the artificial sweetners/sugar alcohol. 

www.stevia.com is a good site to start reviewing/researching
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/08 6:35 pm, edited 10/29/08 6:36 pm - AZ
Hi Stephanie,

I have never met you. I live in Peoria also. I have been told by my doctor that Stevia is better for you. It has no calories. It is not the same as splenda. I just found a great article on Stevia but don't know how to post it on OH. Give me your email mail and I will send it to you. It says all the artificial sweeteners are no good. Stevia is a herb and better for you. In fact my doctor told me about it. He uses it in everything. His wife even bakes with it and taste very good.

Just Pm me with your email.

Dawn  
20candy07
on 10/31/08 9:57 am - Tolleson, AZ
I was at Hi Health today.  A box of stevia cost 5.00.  They didn't have a sample, but, she did say at Sprouts where they sell coffee they have some packets to sample the stevia with the other condiments.  The lady also said that it's so sweet you only need to use half a packet.  Let me know how it tastes.  While at Sprouts you can pick up dried edamame and dried peas to snack on in the bin area.

Gena L.
on 11/1/08 1:37 pm, edited 11/1/08 1:37 pm - Sun City, AZ
Just my own opinion but I do not find Stevia to be as sweet as most people seem to think it is.  It is not the same as Splenda, which is made from sugar. I have used it (Stevia) off and on over the years but I prefer Sweet N Low myself.  It is also a bit more expensive than the artifical sweetners.  It has never been approved by the FDA as it is considered an herb.

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/08 5:08 pm - AZ
Fry's also sells Stevia in the baking product isle. I am a saccharin or sweet in low girl.
Most Active