Support Report - Dr Schlesinger's group

ginau
on 10/19/08 2:14 am - mesa, AZ

I would like to thank everyone who attended,  what a wonderful group of people. We had  a great discussion on Head Hunger and how to deal with the Upcoming Holidays.

Great points of ducussion

1 Stick to your schedule of nurishment - every 2-3 hrs 
2 eat till your at a a responable fullness level  6-7 on the scale 
3 Dense protein will keep you satisfied longer
4 if your tempted to try Spirits - try at home and in moderation

alot of other great information was discussed , I look forward to seeing you all at next month meeting . 

A special Thank You to Laurie G for  hosting  this  group at her office.  we had lots of room and welcome  many more to come and join us .

*******  I am looking for  some Healthy , weightloss friendly  Recipes for the Holiday  season -  Please P.M.  with your favorite.  

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Ann M.
on 10/19/08 4:46 am - Peoria, AZ
I'm sorry I missed that meeting.  It sounds like a great one and those discussion points are A-1.  I have church at 5:00 on Saturdays so coming from the east side to home is cutting it a little too close.  I will make an effort to do the next one though since I think I'm missing out on some very good information.  Thanks for the post Gina.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Garys
on 10/19/08 4:50 am - Mesa, AZ

I had a good time.

I regret having to run out as soon as the meeting ended but we had plans to go help out a family member.

It was interesting hearing all the different point of view from the people at different stages of their surgeries.

I also want to thank Lori for the use of her office space and especially for the comfortable chairs.

Thanks Jeanna for the thought provoking discussion leadership.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/08 6:37 am - AZ
Jeanna,

Thank You ! Your presentation on head hunger was great. I was not bored at all. I learned alot about head hunger. The hand outs were great. I am going to save them in a special notebook for Dr Schlesinger groups. I like when the group got off topic and you gently rained it back in to head hunger. I like when the groups have structure. We can learn alot from each other. I wonder what the next meetings topic is going to be ? I am glad that you have came into my life. I am always learning from you. Thank You !!!
Andrea O.
on 10/19/08 7:40 am

Hello,

The meeting was so informational and it is always so nice to hear the perspective of other people!  It is nice to see the group grow as every time I have been to the support meeting it seems like there are new faces. 

Gina, thank you for the presentation and handouts - they were fabulous!

andrea

Gwynn M.
on 10/19/08 9:05 am - Tucson, AZ
Sounds like you did a fabulous meeting Jeanna!  I'm really sorry I  had to miss this one!

Any chance us Tucson folks can get our hands on any of those hand outs? That would be so cool!   I'm always wishing I lived little bit closer......dangit.
ginau
on 10/19/08 10:16 am - mesa, AZ
Gwynn

Send me your email address and I will email em to you..   send it P.M. style

And a few of us will be in Ticson next weekend for Dr Ganz speaking engagement, Are we going to see you there?? 

Make it a lifestyle.com  - I believe she is at Duval audutorium and  the medical college ??? I dont know - might wanna check the  website ..

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Eric Roberts
on 11/10/08 4:22 am
 I'm a newbee! and was wondering if you could e-mail me the hand outs from the meeting. And if you knew when the next one is and where. [email protected]
Most Active