Loaded with Amunition and ready for Battle!!!

JRinAZ
on 10/19/08 4:20 am - Layton, UT
Ready to do battle gainst the very evil
CARB MONSTER!!!!

Along with some other weight loss buds, I am doing THREE days of straight protein (protein drinks included) to take control back from the Carbs!!!

I've got some gal pals on board with me!  Anyone else what to join us????

My ammo includes:

Bag of hard boiled eggs
grilled chicken breast sliced and in baggies.
large shrimp ring from Costco
lowfat string cheese
orange roughy (my fishy choice!)
albacore white tuna (will barely moisten with light mayo)
turkey pepperoni ready to nuke for crunchy chips
edemame bowls from costco
3 types of protein drinks!!!

Other ideas?

I"m starting tomorrow!!!  ....This is not to lose weight for "me"....this is an exercise of getting back on track, focused and ready to maneuver the Holidays with control and good health!!!

We CAN do this!!!!  Woooooooooo Hooooooooooo!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Ann M.
on 10/19/08 4:44 am - Peoria, AZ
I think by the looks of your food choices, you're going after the bad carbs and not the good ones your body needs to have energy.  Those are very good choices and I'll have to make up a list for me too.

I bought 4 lbs of salmon yesterday at Fry's ($3.77/lb with your card) and I'm ready to eat healthier.  I got fresh green beans from Sprouts and they're cooking right now. Cauliflower is in the pan being blanched so it can be frozen and I'll cook it or make soup from it later. 

I too need to watch the "bad" carbs but since I keep my fat grams under 30, they usually come in line pretty good unless I cheat with the not so good fat free stuff.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
ginau
on 10/19/08 10:31 pm - mesa, AZ
Ann

Thats our Joyce -  She is in elimination mode >>> NO CARBS !!!!

I along with Joyce look to get that Monkey off my back ! wish us all Luck

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Nita S.
on 10/19/08 5:01 am - Avondale, AZ
Now that I actually read Dr Schlesinger's pre-op diet, I am right with you.  I can not believe I tortured myself for the first part of the month.  The last part will be much easier.  I happen to love the canned chicken breast at Costco (next to the tuna) with just some salt and pepper, I do not even need the mayo (I know I have strange taste buds).  I am heading to Costco for that yummy shrimp ring to keep me going this week. 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/08 6:42 am - AZ
Nita,

I could of gave you Dr Schlesinger's preop diet. There is much better food on.
Gwynn M.
on 10/19/08 9:11 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Dawn!  Can you give it to me, pretty please?

Sorry I didn't get back to you before the meeting.......
just a lot of CRAZY DRAMA stuff in my life right now.  It's never ending.
I feel very challenged. 
Gwynn M.
on 10/19/08 9:08 am - Tucson, AZ
I NEED to get in on this. My CARB MONSTER is eating me ALIVE.

I have some of this stuff.....so, I'm going to give it a go also!
ginau
on 10/19/08 10:05 am - mesa, AZ
JOyce

I have shrimp coctail still,  pork steaks, chops and chicken to cook,  I did pick up my egss and sausage for breakfast at work, Luckily I have plenty of Protein powder ready to go ..

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

flyrep
on 10/19/08 9:20 pm - AZ
Holly Crap! Can I say that? Look at you, you hotty. WOW I had to look at your photo a few times just to make sure it was you! Im almost to my goal 184! I can wait to get to 145! I have skin issues though. I think Im going to brake down and see your doctor. Also, I want to start going to meetings. Gas prices what they are, are killing us though.
WOW! Im still in shock! You look great!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

JRinAZ
on 10/20/08 1:25 am - Layton, UT
Shannon!
Weigh 2 go!!!!! 
I'll bet that with a little nip and tuck you'll be loving where you are at already!!!!!  One thing that Dr. Mazaheri and his nurse, Terri have taught me in a short while....is that "EVERYONE has their OWN skinny"!!!  .....That's one of my new mantra's!  Seriously, when I heard that ....it was like someone dusted off the scale phobia, the tape measuring phobia, the size at the store phobia and liberated me!  It's what I feel we should ALL know but have never been given permission to feel!!!!.....WE are unique!!!!  Numbers, charts, docs, etc. can give targets based on thousands of formulas BUT only "we" can look in the mirror and be delighted or disgusted.......battle the standards established by whacko media & society....  After a huge weight loss, and after body contouring, there are HOT HOT HOT bodies of every height and size!  A PERFECT "skinny within" of our very own!  It's sooooo freeing!!!! 

Soooo, I guess what I'm babbling about here is that I'm hoping YOU or ANYONE gets over the number defined as our goal weight.  Go by your health, go by your energy, go by what you see in the mirror.  Use the perspective of body structure, gender, age,  and the memory of where you have come FROM!!!!   We step out of the overweight suit.  We step out of the loose skin suit.  We find the skinny inside!!!!!

...stepping off my little Monday morning platform now.....to send big huge cyber hugs to you and graciously thank you for your VERY nice compliments!!!!  YOU are definitely on my BFF list!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active