Second times a charm

Lisa_Rene
on 10/16/08 12:33 pm - El Mirage, AZ
Well, I've turned in my paperwork last Friday and waiting to see if I get approved this time from Aetna. It's been a long 6 months again to say the least. I tried for WLS 2 yrs ago but was denied.
I decided to give it another shot since I found out my height is shorter which makes my BMI higher..lol Imagine being happy about that..lol
This time i'm trying for the Bypass, so i'll just wait and see. I have a feeling it's going to be a struggle getting approved but i'm not giving up this time :)
I love this site and enjoy reading all the postings everyone puts out there. It gives me encouragement and faith and the courage to hang in there.
I've sent a couple messages to a few people and everyone has been so helpful with information they have provided. Hoping to get approved and start 2009 fresh and a new person!

Lisa
JRinAZ
on 10/17/08 3:01 am - Layton, UT
Yahoooooooooooo!  Lisa!

I'm crossing my 2 best fingers for this 2nd time!!!!  It's going to happen girlie!  Good to see your happy face in the posting lineup again!!!  Who's your surgeon going to be????  .... How bout grabbing a support group or 2 while you're waiting???  .....  I'm headed to one tomorrow with Dr. Schlesinger's group (I'm a revision post-op).......He opens it up to everyone, facilitates it himself most of the time and has a huge FUN group of people!  .......3:30........Not sure about the location since they changed it but you can skim back a few posts where Jen has posted the details....

Keep us posted!!!  LOSER's ROCK!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Ann M.
on 10/17/08 4:12 am - Peoria, AZ
A friend of mine is now fighting with Aetna to get the surgery.  I'm hoping that she can fulfill all their expectations before they change the rules again.  You'd think they'd rather spend money one time than to keep doing it for the life of the patient with even more problems added as the years go by.  Go figure.

We're starting a support group in Sun City for the Sun City area (Surprise, El Mirage, SCW, SCG, Peoria, Glendale, etc).  We'll meet the first Saturday of the month starting in December.  You're welcome to check us out.  We'll be meeting in the Sun City room at 12420 N. 103rd Avenue in Sun City (corner of 103rd & Coggins, south of Grand) at 10:30 in the morning.  We have pre-ops and post ops and hope you'll check us out.

Ann
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Lisa_Rene
on 10/19/08 10:56 am - El Mirage, AZ
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the support. Joyce, please keep those fingers crossed :) I need all the help i can get. My surgeon in Dr. Fang and i'm very happy with that. Colene has come back to the office and she has been more than helpful with all my emails. Ann- I would love to come to a support group that is really close by. I live in the area of Dysart and Thunderbird. Please keep me in your prayers as to getting approved. I'm hoping January will be a good month since my work is crazy in November and December. Thanks guys for all the support, It's very much appreciated :)  Lisa
Ann M.
on 10/19/08 12:02 pm - Peoria, AZ
Lisa, I'll keep you in my prayers.  I'll be seeing my friend and I think I'll have her pm you on the Aetna stuff.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active