I ran a marathon!

JRinAZ
on 10/15/08 1:47 am - Layton, UT
Just kidding!  BUT.....I have a new plan to add "wiggles" to my exercise routine!  I can't always get an hour or 2 at the gym but I can usually grab a mile or 2 with my dog.  Sometimes I need more....so, I'm going to try the "commercial" workout!  Here's the scoop....Wanna join me?

Commercial Exercise Breaks

In the 1960s, the average 60-minute television show had about nine minutes of commercials. Today, that has doubled to 18 minutes. Some half-hour shows can have as many as 12 minutes of commercials. Think of how you can constructively use that time to fit more fitness into your day--instead of flipping between other shows. If you exercised during commercials while watching TV for about 2 hours, it would add up to more than 30 minutes a day!

Whether you choose cardio, flexibility, or strength exercises, you're getting a lot accomplished! Here are some ideas to get your started:
  • Cardio: Run, march or jog in place; jumping jacks or jump rope; try simple kickboxing moves like squats with front kicks, forward jabs or other combinations fit for a small space; step up and down your stairs or aerobics step; march with high knees in front and to the sides.
  • Strength: Try body weight exercises like lunges, squats, pushups, and plank. Keep some dumbbells or resistance bands in the room to do additional upper body exercises--including ones that you can do while watching your show.
  • Flexibility: After your heart rate is up from strength or cardio exercises, your muscles are warm and primed for stretching. While sitting, try upper body stretches for the shoulders, biceps, and triceps. From a standing position, stretch side to side, bend over to stretch your hamstrings. Sit on the floor with your legs apart and stretch over each leg and to the center.

Time Involved: 2-5 minutes per session

Body Benefit: Talk about multi-tasking!

What exercise do YOU do????   Let's move it, move it....burn that FAT!!!  Rev up that heart!  Reach your goals!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ginau
on 10/15/08 3:27 am - mesa, AZ
OK  Joyce

This is good ... I usually   do chores on commercials ,, I can do some exercise..  Kinda like when we talked about  water and breathing exercise at the hospital last night ?  

Commercial's  - our new best friend .

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 10/15/08 3:29 am - Tucson, AZ
You are full of great ideas.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Garys
on 10/15/08 12:41 pm - Mesa, AZ
Last year the wife and I invested in a (DVR) Digital video recorder. 

Now, we jus****ch our shows a day later and fast forward through the commercials.

As an added benefit, those Fast Food /restaraunt commercials that were 30-60 seconds of head hunger torture are now just a blip on the screen and back to the show.

The time I save no****ching commercials allows me more time to

I used to do leg lifts and such during the commerical breaks, now I might be able to do even more type of exercise when I watch "live"TV.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

JRinAZ
on 10/15/08 12:53 pm - Layton, UT
Weigh 2 go Gary!!!!  Very good plan!!!

Sooooo....C U on Saturday???  Hugggzzz to you sweetie pie wife!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Garys
on 10/15/08 1:07 pm - Mesa, AZ

Yes, I am going to try to make it Saturday.

Today I  broke the 100 pound lost mark!.

I think I am back losing again after about a week and a half stall.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/08 2:11 pm - AZ

Gary,

Way to go !!! 100 lbs !!!. You rock !!! Can't wait to see u Saturday....

Most Active