I need your input

Ann M.
on 10/12/08 11:59 am - Peoria, AZ

I have been thinking about starting a Sun Cities weight loss surgery group (OH affiliated).  This could encompass Sun City, Sun City West, Surprise, El Mriage, Peoria and whereever if you're interested.  I'm also thinking the 1st Saturday of the month so it wouldn't interfere with the West Side group. 

The reason behind this is that there's talk that Banner Estrella won't be able to supply a room after January 1st.  There are enough of us that live in the NW area that I think we could have a good sized group and the "southern" people from the West Side group could meet closer to where they live.  We could also visit back & forth and do get togethers.

This group would be based on the OH principals using handouts and other discussion materials as well as having special presenters.  We would be a peer to peer group just like the West Side group.

Let me know if you're interested.  If there's enough, I'll try to find a place to meet in this area.

Ann

Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Gena L.
on 10/12/08 12:16 pm - Sun City, AZ
It is so close that I am willing to give it a try...

Gena

Chris S.
on 10/12/08 1:19 pm - Tempe, AZ
What the heck is a few more miles, count me into your Sun City group and I still go with the West Side group as well. 
Ann M.
on 10/12/08 1:22 pm - Peoria, AZ
Chris, that's great.  We can always do lunch afterwards.  I bet there's a couple of others who would be go too.  We can practice our eating out with WLS so that you'll know the good & the bad.

Chris S.
on 10/12/08 2:47 pm - Tempe, AZ
Ann sounds wonderful, wish I could have joined you all yesterday but I just had to much to do.  Hope you enjoyed it.
Gena L.
on 10/12/08 2:58 pm - Sun City, AZ
LOL! Chris...we had a great Mexican meal.......I just had a 2nd helping of it tonight and still have enough left for another meal or two!  I am not sure how Larry really liked it, or Ann for that matter, but Mexican settles well on a newbie pouch...well after a few weeks anyway.

I also just learned that Chinese Buffet suits me to a t and I do not get overwhelmed by the sight of a huge plateful of food. A small piece of chicken here, a single shrimp there, and a bite or two of beef...I really enjoyed it and came home feeling satisfied but not stuffed or nauseated by so much food and or smells  around me as some other other restaurants sometimes make me feel. Hope you can join us next time!

Gena

Ann M.
on 10/12/08 3:11 pm - Peoria, AZ

I had the chicken enchilada with some refried beans and a couple forkfuls of rice.  I brougth enough home to have it for lunch tomorrow.  I've been eating all the leftovers at lunchtime.  Larry had a ground beef chimichanga.  That thing was huge.  He tried his best but only could eat half but we didn't bring it home.  I didn't need to eat that leftover.

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/08 3:18 pm - AZ
I was wondering why we don't have handouts at this time. I wanted to have a special presenter and I was shot down. I know Chandler group has guest speakers and I think we should too. I am also working on a place to have a meeting. Thanks
Ann M.
on 10/12/08 3:25 pm - Peoria, AZ
Thanks for helping Dawn.  We'll talk.  If you're in the area, stop by or give me a call.  Just don't do it between 10 & 11 tomorrow.  I have a very important phone interview for a job.  If I make it through this one, I'll get a face to face interview.  This place had over 300 applicants for 1 job and I made it through round 1.  I'm nervous about round 2 because they ask hard questions.  I'm going to focus everything I have on this interview after my doctor's appointment tomorrow.  I should be cleared to go back to work and then Tuesday I can go apply for unemployment.

RayM
on 10/13/08 5:58 am - Surprise, AZ

Since I live in Suprise that would be GREAT!  I would love to have a group closer to me.

Most Active