Questions about support groups

Carol C.
on 10/4/08 9:29 am - North Hollywood, CA
I Just had surgery last Monday (9/29/08) a VSG.  I was looking at the board and saw several Support groups listed, but they said patients only for the meetings.  Does that mean it is only that sponsors patients?  If so, is there a support group for the lost ones like me, who went elsewhere for surgery?
I live up in Prescott and its a drive, but worth it for the support. I went to the event down in Phoenix and found the encouragement and sessions helpful. 

Carol

Highest Weight: 283.4
Weight preop: 273
Current Weight: 219.8
Goal Weight: 150

Ann M.
on 10/4/08 9:38 am - Peoria, AZ
Usually patients only means only WLS patients, not support people like spouses or friends.  If you'd like to come to the West Side group, our meeting is next Saturday at 10:30 a.m. at Banner Estrella located at the 101 & West Thomas Road (conference room 3).  We'd love to have you.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Carol C.
on 10/4/08 9:58 am - North Hollywood, CA
That towards Scottsdale or the other way from I-17?  I will plan to be there, should be drivable by then.
JRinAZ
on 10/4/08 10:18 am - Layton, UT
Congrats on your surgery Carol!!!!  Welcome!

There is a fantastic support group in Prescott.  It's peer facilitated and is open to everyone/anyone regardless of their type of weight loss surgery, their surgeon, their program ,etc.  O.K. so now the tricky part is remembering the right info to give you....I think they are called the TriCity support group and they have their own website.

Maybe someone here knows the details and will jump in to help you out!

I went up there once and it was a lovely group of folks.....I've since met many of them again at other events.

But....if you're interested in driving a ways then there are all kinds of support groups in the Phoenix area.  In fact, I'm a support group junkie and will be posting some info soon......

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Carol C.
on 10/4/08 11:51 am - North Hollywood, CA
Ann M.
on 10/4/08 11:42 pm - Peoria, AZ
Gildana, we're in the west valley.  Take the 101 west from 17 and go to Thomas Road and turn left and then turn right at the hospital (not the med center). 
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Carol C.
on 10/5/08 12:10 am - North Hollywood, CA
I am going to go to the PV group.  Not that I may not visit yours in the future, just that Prescott Valley is so much closer, and I am not sure I want to drive that far 2 weeks out of surgery.
Thankyou for the invitation though. 

Carol
Most Active