Pre-Op Diet

azrosebud07
on 9/30/08 5:27 am - Chandler, AZ
Do any of you know what the pre-op diet consists of for Dr Schlesinger?  I found out it is for only 7 days which is great.  Also curious if anyone knows why some Dr.'s make you do a 14 day plan verses a 7 day.

Also,  for those of you who have also gone through Dr. Schlesinger, when do you do the pre-op testing?  I have my pre-op appt on Oct 7th and my surgery is scheduled for the 16th.  Is the pre-op appt when they do the pre-op testing or will they schedule that appt as we get closer to my date?  I'd call and ask the office, but I've already been calling them a lot and don't want to pester them with those questions.   :)

Jackie
ginau
on 9/30/08 5:45 am - mesa, AZ
 It's O.K. to pester the girls .. They should be able to answer all your questions.  That is their job !!

Dr S does not treat his patients like cattle ,, he may have differant tests for you than he would have for another person.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/08 6:44 am - AZ
Hi Jackie,

You pester those girls. There are there for you. I had to do a 2 week preop proteins diet. I just drank my favorite protein drinks. Your in great hands with Dr Schlesinger. He is a great guy and very smart. I had to have lab work for my preop testing and there drew it all over again the morning of surgery. Maybe Dr Schlesinger had changed his pre op diet but you should do exactly what he says. What surgery are you having ? Welcome to the boards. If you have any questions feel free to pm me. See you at Dr Schlesinger group meetings.....Dawn B
Most Active