Newbie from Mesa

Dan T.
on 9/29/08 7:32 am - Logan, UT
Doing my first posts here at OH.

I am new to all this and at the same time I am rushing forward at a rapid pace.  I am having RNY 4 weeks from today - 2 weeks after my initial consultation.

I am a Mesa, AZ native and look forward to getting know many of you during this journey.

/waves hello!
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/08 9:44 am - AZ
Hi Dan,

Your very welcome to join the board. Do you know there is a Chandler support group and a West Valley Support group ? My surgeon Dr Schlesinger has group meetings on the third Saturday of each month. West Valley support group meets at Banner Estrella Hospital on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month at 10.30 to 12 noon. We would love to me you. If you have any questions just pm me or post it right here and some one will answer you. Good luck on your surgery....Dawn
Chris S.
on 9/29/08 9:54 am - Tempe, AZ
Congrats on the quick approval Dan.

I am still wading through insurance requirements myself but hopefully after tomorrow I will be armed with enough amunition I will get my approval as well.

Best wishes on your surgery and let us know how you are doing.  Welcome to the group!
Gena L.
on 9/29/08 12:58 pm, edited 9/29/08 1:01 pm - Sun City, AZ
Chris be sure to let us know how it goes?

Oops...Chris...edited to make sure you note the new avatar photo you took thank you! Ladies...I am going bald, look at that hair...this is what happens when you can not or do not get your protein...I am not kidding  I fear I will be shopping for a wig soon!

Gena

ginau
on 9/29/08 10:02 am - mesa, AZ
Welcome Dan

Wow 4 weeks - thats pretty quick for  Scottdale Bariatric,, maybe is Dr sprunger who is on a fast track this year.   ~ no worries - your going to do great - men always do great.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

JRinAZ
on 9/29/08 10:48 am - Layton, UT
Congrats Dan and welcome to a fantastic forum!!!!  I'm an East Valley gal so look forward to possibly meeting you at one of the support groups!!! 

Best wishes to you for a safe an "uneventful" crossing to the skinny~healthy side!!!!

Keep us posted!  Shoot any questions out you may have.  There's oodles of experienced and chatty folks on this site!!!

LOSER'S ROCK!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Garys
on 9/29/08 10:57 am - Mesa, AZ

Welcome to board Dan!

I am also a Native Mesan and glad to see I am not the only one around.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

Gena L.
on 9/29/08 1:00 pm - Sun City, AZ
Dan...Good to meet you!  Congrats on your decision for surgery. You men loose so quickly it can be dishearting to us ladies so stand by for a new avatar photo in just a few weeks!

Gena

Marie C.
on 9/29/08 2:11 pm - Mesa, AZ
Dan,

Hey I am having surgery on Oct 27th with Dr. Sprunger too! And I live in Mesa. What a coincidence. Shoot me a message maybe we have some same pre op classes!!!

Marie
Dan T.
on 9/30/08 12:20 am - Logan, UT
My pre op class is Oct 8th and my pre op with Dr Sprunger is Oct 14th.  My post Op is Nov 4th.
Most Active