A pre-op question............?

klyn13jwl
on 9/25/08 2:31 pm, edited 9/25/08 2:32 pm - Lakeside, AZ
I know that it's getting late and I can feel my eyelids getting very heavy...........but I go in on Monday for my pre-op tests.  I have two questions:  1).  Has anyone, that you know of, ever been told that the operation would not work due to the results of the pre-op testing?  2).  Do I need to do anything for the pro-op testing?  I mean.......no bowel cleansing, etc.? 

Thank you, in advance,

Kellyn  :)

260/245/145/124 
  I think I'm ready to stop now!
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/08 6:34 am
I do not know of anyone that has been cancelled due to a problem with the pre-op tests.  You don't need to do anything for the tests except not eat or drink the day of.  You may wan to call and confirm what they need you to do.  I found the pre-op's a fun day where I met others who were having surgery the same day as me.  I met a great friend that day who I talk to all the time now.  Good luck to you.
Melissa
ginau
on 9/26/08 11:51 am - mesa, AZ
Most pre-op test consist of  Blood work , a chest xray, maybe a ultrasound. I have heard of very few that get canceled - would have to be a major issue ..

Just your nerves getting the best of you .

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

klyn13jwl
on 9/26/08 3:13 pm - Lakeside, AZ
Thank you Melissa and Jeanna.  I guess you're right , Jeanna....nerves!  I can't believe how paranoid I am now that I have the OK from the insurance company............I'm just so sure that someone or something, is going to sweep down and take it away!  Do I get to talk to Dr. Juarez before the day of surgery.....or will it be the day of surgery?  I don't really have to talk to him, but I'm just wondering if he's ever going to REALLY talk to me before he opens me up.  

Thanks again, Girls,

260/245/145/124 
ginau
on 9/26/08 10:52 pm - mesa, AZ
Yes you will get to talk to Dr Personality !  and yes it is really going to happen - make sure to make the most of this time,  push up on protein, rest,  clear your mind , focus on  health, your in control of  making it on time to appts,  - Your in good hands and  will be taken care of ...

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

klyn13jwl
on 9/27/08 2:12 pm - Lakeside, AZ
Jeanna!
You are a fricken Godsend!!  Thanks for the words of wisdom.....Dr. Personality, huh?    I'm leaving for Chandler on Sunday...early afternoon.........I hope.    This way I can be in the Valley and won't have to drive for three hours to get to the hospital.  I'm going to get my pre-op done in the AM, get some lunch and go back for the A,B,C's of Bariatric surgery.  They are giving me a class by myself since I can't wait....I'm going home early Tuesday morning then back on Sunday....to be there for surgery on Monday.  When am I supposed to see the "Good Doctor"?  I don't have an appt. and, unless he just pops in....I won't see him until the day of surgery.
I'll check boards while I'm at my sister's house in Chandler.

Thanks for everything, Jeanna! 

260/245/145/124 
ginau
on 9/28/08 12:07 am - mesa, AZ
Dr J is a good Dr and people love him. Maybe he is differant when your his pt.??  I just had a bad experience with him.  I am a very impatient person and  when I was kept waiting over 2.5 hrs  that just set me off .. 

You  might get lucky and have him pop in  for 30 seconds .

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

klyn13jwl
on 9/28/08 12:23 pm - Lakeside, AZ
J............
You wanna talk impatient.............look no further.......patience (patients) are something that vistit a doctor....I have none, but things seem to be happening at a really nice pace..........I think.  I'm gettin' really scared.........I haven't had much time to think about it and now that I have put my quilting and sewing aside.........OMG!  It's happening in a little more than a week!  Get the heck outta town! 

But back to Dr. J..............he has never kept me waiting.........but then again, I HAVE only seen him once.  I don't really expect to see him until the surgery.....sadly enough.  Oh well........at least my family's behind me.  They will all be there for the surgery.   
Can't wait to meet you at the hospital...........I'm looking forward to it!

Thank for your time,

260/245/145/124 
Most Active