Only SEVEN left!!!!

JRinAZ
on 9/13/08 2:53 pm - Layton, UT

How is everyone doing on their Countdown Challenge???  Others can still come aboard!!!

Reports???

I had a "killer" exercise day up in the mountains!  My dog was with all of us so that counts as my "walk the dog" workout for the day!!!

Welcome aboard Peace 7 Joy who is committing to walk every day and drink 2 protein drinks till the event.....

And...Kathy W. 1.  Use my resistance bands to tone my upper arms every time a T.V. commercial comes on.  2.  Hold a deep knee bend for the whole time I'm brushing my teeth....3.  Hold a stomach crunch every time I am stuck at a red light while I'm on the road.

...me thinks Miss Kathy W. gets the prize for most creative goals!  LOL!  #2 and #3 though???

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Gwynn M.
on 9/14/08 3:30 am - Tucson, AZ

I posted some of this to Jeanna but...............here's my report...LOL!

My mini goal is no chips, no toast, lose 3lbs.......well, last night I was very CHALLENGED to eat those dang cheddar/jalapeno cheetos.........and that 12 grain bread (my fave) was starin' me in the eyeballs.......
.......BAD........(that was me last night...LOL) but I managed to keep tellin' myself........"NO Gwynn, you made a promise for 10 days........NO, no, no".....!   I left them alone.  

Funny how much more I wanna honor my goals when I've said them to you guys!!   LOL...but, whatever works right!!  Gonna hold on TIGHT to ya'all for the next *6* days!!  (I'm counting today cuz it just started!!  LOL!)

I have gotten in a couple of walks.....but kind of irratating because I have to go so slow......really hurts my hernia. Last thing I want to do is RUPTURE it.

I did lose my 3lbs. though!   Now to not drink ANY water or anything!!  LOL

Gwynn

Celeste R
on 9/15/08 4:19 am - Maricopa, AZ
Well Joyce so far I am not doing so hot. I gained a pound I guess those darn margaritas did it to me.  Shame on me, they went down so good now I'm paying the price. So I am going to work extra hard this week to ger 4lbs off.  Wish me luck!!!!!

Celeste
Lori G.
on 9/15/08 4:41 am - Phoenix, AZ
You will need to discover Maragrita Lite Mix, sold at Target.  They tast great and only 4 grams of carbs in 8oz serving.  You can enjoy your Margarita's without all of the sugars...
Yeah!!!!!

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN
Certified Bariatric Nurse & Service Line Coordinator
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Bariatric Clinical Educator for Paradise Valley Hospital 
602-923-5612  [email protected]                                       
RNYGB 8/2003 (maintained 170# weight loss)

Celeste R
on 9/16/08 2:51 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Lori,

SO how does that sugar free mix taste? I have to buy some in fact I am making a trip to target today!!!! Thanks for the advice.

Celeste
JRinAZ
on 9/15/08 10:57 am - Layton, UT
Hey there girlfriend....I was going to give you a call on Friday and ended up packed that day!!!  Sooooo I missed some high caloric beverages, eh?  LOL!  .....  Not thinking I would have spent my calories that direction  but I had enough naughty's of my own that I had to whip myself into shape as well.  I decided to make the next week be a POWER week for me....soooo....I even met with a personal trainer this morning (body is still screaming) and moved forward on some other major goals!!!!  Oh yeah!  We can kick some hind end sweetie pie!  .....  Just tackle those goals....You CAN do it!!!

....will take you up on your pow wow invite "post O.H. event".....I've got a full week ahead!!!  Wooooo Hoooooooo!  It's all good!
Joyce 

Celeste R
on 9/16/08 2:59 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hey there!!! I am some what working on dropping those pounds. I haven't exactly worked out. You know I have been having some severe pains in my legs lately. I have an appt on Fri with the Dr. I can't figure it out. I take my vits and I get iron infusions and B12 shots. So I think I can rule out vit deficiency. Not sure???? Have you ever had that problem? I will definately get together with you next week. Maybe we can hit the mall for some window shopping!!! Can't do the real thing but maybe I will find a killer deal I can't pass up..... C-ya soon!!!!

Celeste
JRinAZ
on 9/16/08 2:51 pm - Layton, UT
Celeste!
I NEED you on Saturday!!!!  Any chance you can juggle your plans and come??? 

Shoot me a note or call me tomorrow at work (after 1 pm) 480.991.6877  pretty plz!!!
Joyce 

Deanne K.
on 9/15/08 6:47 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi All,
My goal was to get my vitamins back on track, well I have at least gotten 1/2 of them down everyday.  Need to get them all in now.

Up my protein drinks have been really hard since I had vomited it up and went back to very easy stuff and still nauseous.  I am going to try again to get some in today.
Deanne
Most Active