If ONLY I would listen!!

aboymom
on 9/10/08 1:54 am
I find if I listen and do the things my doctor tells me this little tool he gave me works!!

I had a very tough time eating last week.  I won't even write what I ate in case someone tells my doc!  Funny enough I didn't loose a pound.  I REALLY stepped it up the last few days and the weight is just melting.  I am skipping whole numbers as I jump down the scale.

I guess I shouldn't be so stubborn.  Here is a little list of the "told you so's" I've tested out myself.

1.  WATER, WATER, WATER.
2.  You can't forget to eat.  No fuel=no energy=depression="why did I do this"
3.  The energy does come back.  This surgery does not kill you.
4.  Vitamins give you health.
5.  The weight does come off when you do what you are told.
6.  There is no such thing as a "quick bite to eat".  No matter how rushed I am, I spend more time in the bathroom after a "quick bite" then I would have it I ate slowly.

Anyone else testing every little rule your given?
ginau
on 9/10/08 3:02 am - mesa, AZ
 I love your post ,, esp the last one .. It's  SOOOOOO true !!!

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Celeste R
on 9/10/08 7:21 am - Maricopa, AZ
Well all I can tell you is stick to those rules!!!! It really does work. To this day and I am 3 years post op I try to  stick to them as much as possible. Your Vitamins are VERY important. I know believe me. I lost a lot of iron and to this day cannot get it up without getting iron infusions. I blame it on the fact that i skipped taking my iron. Hey who wants to be clogged up right.Well I learned my lesson. The quick bite to eat that will change. I can do the quick bite at times. I do still have trouble fitting some foods in my pouch, which is a good thing. Just remember it is all worth it in the end. I have lost 124 ibs and have never been happier. I look great and feel great. By the way the energy does come back just be sure to get your walking in and you will be alright!!! Hang in there!!!

Celeste
RNY 5/19/05     274/145/150 a little up but staying at goal!!!
packleader
on 9/10/08 1:26 pm - Topeka, KS
I test it everyday and it cause me problems most days.  Water is my biggest problem (I hate it) I'm still staring at the same bottle I poured this morning and it is still 3/4 full. 

L. TP
on 9/10/08 2:27 pm
Funny you post this.  This week is the first week I have really struggled with choices.  Thanks for posting this.  I needed a little shove myself!

Way to go girl!

Most Active