Still waiting

merryterry
on 9/5/08 2:17 pm - AZ
I'm so envious of you all who have dates and approval weight loss and all that. I was submitted to ins. like on July 23 and found out 3 weeks later that I need to be with the ins. for 2 years, which, fortunately, was Sept. 1. Heather at SBC said she would call on the 2nd to remind them to take me off the shelf. I guess it could take another 3-4 weeks for them to hem and haw and whatever else they do at those places. Danged if I know.

So it's been real easy to eat no-nos and junk. I'm maintaining my current weight within my usual 5 lb. range, but I'm really looking forward to getting a surgery date!!!!!!!

I'm on the fence about the OH event. I know what that comment is inviting. I'm not good at navigating large groups when I don't know anyone so it's really easy to just not get a ticket.

Maybe I'll start drafing an appeal letter...
Less is More

Gwynn M.
on 9/5/08 3:37 pm - Tucson, AZ

This may sound a little silly.......but you have to try and stay PERKY!!   I know the waiting can be awful!  I have been denied, denied, denied....oh and DENIED.....but I am STILL hanging in there!

I believe it will work out in the end!  Sometimes it's very hard to stay motivated.....but let me just say......if you are looking to be motivated by a great group of support people who can RELATE to how you feel......then the O.H. event is the place to go get PUMPED UP!!

The support and caring people you find here........will be some of the same people THERE!!  I've learned so many, many valuable things from everybody here......and you will too!

Don't feel alone, there's a LOT of us out here who care!!

Hang in there!
Gwynn

ginau
on 9/5/08 5:47 pm - mesa, AZ
Dont let  not knowing anyone stop you from coming! Your going to meet some  awesome people there , hear some incredable stories, See some Beautiful faces ...

A few of us met last year for the first time and now its our reunion party !!!

I am thinking we just all need to wear a name tag with our OH names on it ???  Cuz I do not look like my pic no more

Dont be a wallflower - Come out and meet us all.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active