Deanne K. is ON DECK!

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/08 6:05 am
Tuesday is Ms. Deanne K.’s revision surgery day and it is just around the corner!    I cannot tell you how happy I am for Ms. Deanne K. and all of the other upcoming revision surgeries!   

Revision Surgery can begin, the first day of a whole new fresh volume in the story of your gift of life!   SIEZE IT!  

Please join me in celebrating Ms. Deanne K. (AND EVERYONE else who has revision surgery coming up!)  

I WISH YOU ALL A PERFECT SURGERY AND THE TENACITY TO FOLLOW THROUGH!

BLESSINGS.  

Revision is like everything else in life…give a little…get a lot!   FOR ME, the benefits FAR outweigh the inconveniences…none of which are a surprise!   This morning, I was reminded of the CLARITY and DETERMINATION that I felt the last few days before surgery...it was so powerful, I felt like had run the first part of the relay and that Dr. Schlesinger was my anchor...and that we were running the last qualifying race for the championship meet...I love sports and so i always can relate to a sports analogy…I visualized it all with optimisim, hope, and realism too…I KNEW THAT I WAS going to hand over my body to Dr. Schlesinger, the anchor of this relay team...I WAS DETERMINED to have a perfect hand off... (this is continued on my blog on my profile page…I don’t want to waste time and space by posting the entirety on message board.)
JRinAZ
on 8/31/08 7:32 am - Layton, UT

Hey there Miss "Determined 2 Be Healthy and Strong"!!!!  (gotta love that "handle"!)

I'll join you in wishing the very best to our lovely Deanne AND to all else on deck!!!!

Run run run to the healthy, strong (and can I say SKINNY?) side of life!!!!

AND...........your teeny tiny dark print of "inspiration" just fills my little empty cup up in an amazing way!  You ROCK!!!  Sport analogies work for me......In fact, in church today, they gave the analogy of the 4 minute mile and the miracle that happened when one person decided to break that barrier.....DETERMINATION, Fatih, with oodles of hard work!  I've got some 3 minute miles in ME too! 

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Azpoohbear
on 8/31/08 7:33 am - Vail, AZ
Deanne, I am praying and wishing for your sugery to go smoothly and without any complications; and that you have a speedy recovery! Good luck Tuesday.  I will have you in my thoughts and prayers!  

It was great meeting you Saturday.  Thank you again for allthe great info and support!

Leslie 

Gwynn M.
on 8/31/08 10:50 am - Tucson, AZ

Deanne! My little bundle of inspiration and DETERMINATION!!  I will be praying and thinkin' of you on Tuesday (and always!) and waiting with bells on to hear from you!!!    

YOU GO GIRL!!!  Hopefully someday soon it will be YOU waitin' to hear from ME!!!

Hugzzzzzz, 

Gwynn

Deanne K.
on 8/31/08 2:20 pm - Tucson, AZ
Thank you all for your kind inspiration.  I can always use all the prayers and well wishes.  I know that I am in the best of hands. 
Ann M.
on 8/31/08 5:11 pm - Peoria, AZ
I'll be praying for you. 
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
ginau
on 8/31/08 11:58 pm - mesa, AZ

Tink Tink - raise the glass of protein drink  and DRINK !!!!

here is to a sucessfull and uneventfull surgery. a fast recovery and a easy progression to a healthy Goal Weight and healthy state of being. May your co- morbids ease and never return.  

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

desert rat
on 9/1/08 5:19 am - Goodyear, AZ
Deanne,
Did you get insurance to pay for it finally??? 

I am sooooo happy that this is finally going to be a reality.  Know that you will be in my prayers for a successful and uneventful surgery in the ever capable hands of Dr. Schlesinger.

Doing the happy dance for you,
Dj
 Pre-Op 316.  Currently 134.  Goal was 135 but I'm ecstatic.
Deanne K.
on 9/1/08 10:55 am - Tucson, AZ
DJ.
After hiring the lawyer I did get it approved within a week of them re-submitting it to the insurance.

I am happy and a bit nervous right now, but I know that Dr. Schlesinger is great and have all the confidence in the world in him.
Deanne
Deanne K.
on 9/1/08 10:55 am - Tucson, AZ
DJ,
Yes I did after hiring the lawyer again.  It was approved as they had no criteria for revisions.  Dr. Schlesinger is great and I know he will take great care of me.
Deanne
Most Active