Losing weight while waiting....

cheriaz04
on 8/27/08 11:10 am
I am awaiting approval from my ins for wls.  I had gained a lot of weight over the last few months, which was odd because I had not changed anything, to include my diet or eating habits.  I have had lots of tests to try and figure that out but everything is normal. So, anyway.  I am waiting for my Dr's office to submit my package to my ins for approval and I have started losing weight.  I have no doubt it's stress but I have lost 7 pounds over the last 4 weeks. 

I know this seems like an odd question but I am not doing anything to lose weight, just as I did nothing to gain it.  Prior to this unexplained weight gain, I wasn't within specs for wls.  I always fell short because I wasn't 100 pounds over.  While I wait for the approval if I fall short again, are they going to deny me if come surgery date I am not 100 pounds over?

I am not trying not to lose it, if it comes off it comes off.  There's no promise I will be approved.  I am just concerned that if come the day of surgery and I am not 100 lbs over, they will say sorry, can't do it.  I still have a lot of weight to loose and have for many yrs now.  I still want the band even if I am not 100 pounds over. 

JRinAZ
on 8/28/08 12:23 am - Layton, UT

You sound like the PERFECT candidate for a successful band!  ....  Whatever your weight was prior to insurance being submitted is what the insurance company uses.  Many folks are on mandatory pre-surgery weight reduction programs so losing before is great......it's actually healthy as it gets a little fat off those areas that need to be worked around.....makes a safer surgery for you! 

Congrats on losing 7 pounds!  A weight loss is a weight loss so just give yourself a highfive, eat healthy during your surgery weight and perhaps your lapband journey will have a great headstart!!!

Keep us posted!

Coming to the AZ Extravaganza on Sept 19-20th?  You'll be able to meet many other lapbanders and weight loss buds..........get a big dose of information, inspiration and motivation to "own" your weight loss journey!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

cheriaz04
on 8/28/08 1:20 am
What is the AZ Extravaganza?  I have not heard of this.  Where is the best place for me to be getting this information about such programs and information?  I am new to all of this, all I know is what little I have gotten from my Dr's office and what I read here on this message area online. Everyone I know that has had WLS live in other states.  It's seeminly different place to place. Thank you for your reply.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 8/28/08 3:19 am - Tucson, AZ
At the top of the OH website you will see choices such as Home, My OH, Photos, etc. and click on the one that says EVENTS.  This is where you will find the information for the event being held next month in Mesa.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Most Active