Approved for Revision/Surgery Date

Rachel B.
on 8/15/08 2:22 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with
CONGRATS DEANNE!!!!  I know you've been working real hard on the insurance company route.  I'm gonna sound like a dimwhit, but are you just having your pouch resized, or are you revising to a different surgery?  I can't recall you saying anything about a different surgery, but I've been lost in a fog for a while!  If you're revising your RNY, how can they guarantee the same thing will not just happen again?  Did you consider another procedure, like revising to a DS?

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

ginau
on 8/15/08 3:36 pm, edited 8/15/08 3:49 pm - mesa, AZ
No they are not going to touch the pouch they are only going shorten the common channel creating more malabsorption to spur on the weight loss.  I'm using Gina's computer and not my own.  Sorry for the confusion.
Deanne

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/08 5:55 pm - AZ
Deanne,

I thought I posted a comment but forgot. I knew you were going to win. I am so happy for you but to bad your insurance had to drag it out. I will be there on Sept 2 when you wake up. The nurses better have there act together this time. If they don't I will remind them. LOL. I will talk to you this week.
Most Active