BAD NEWS FOR ME

AzViper
on 8/11/08 5:38 am, edited 8/11/08 5:46 am - AZ
Well I went in for a fill on August 1st as I felt I was not tight. Received 1cc and was placed on getting fills every two weeks. Went back on August 8th and was told that the port is leaking under the skin, that they have seen this recently in other patients. I was scheduled to return on August 15th for a follow-up after getting another fill on the 8th. Well you guess it the Lap-Band has lost the fill. I am going to the fill center today and my Doctor will be there with the staff that I get the fills. This is NOT an isolated problem. Another girl from my support group had to have her port replaced. In calling a co-worker who had her Lap Band installed 3 months before me and the same time as the girl who had the port replaced is now having problems as well.

It appears to be a problem with the silicon port not sealing after the needle has been extracted.

I have lost 70 pounds in just over 3 months. I would like to hear from others that have had the same problem...
Sarah V.
on 8/11/08 7:49 am
One thing I forgot to mention in my reply on the LB board is that I've heard some people talk about a different kind of solution they can use for fills that is "sticky".  Apparently it's less likely to leak...you might want to ask Dr. Monte.  Let me know what he says.

Lap Band September 2007 / Slip discovered March 2014 after significant regain / Revised to VSG April 29, 2014

AzViper
on 8/11/08 9:30 am - AZ

I did receive another 5cc today and the Doctor says let’s do a wait and see as to what happens. In the case of the one girl her port needed to be replaced and she had to pay out of pocket. She is now dealing with the insurance and Lap Band with the doctor.

AzViper
on 8/13/08 9:00 am - AZ
Well I beleive the fill has left the building. I am going to call the Dr. Office and get in for another check as I do not feel much of a restriction after receiving 5CC. This is turning into a nightmare...
Rachel B.
on 8/13/08 10:49 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with
I'm so sorry to hear about this problem.  It seems to me that manufacturers should have to cover a large portion of the costs for this.  They're just screwin folks by making them pay outta pocket for screw ups that are due to manufacturer defect!

Hope things work out for ya.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

AzViper
on 8/13/08 12:18 pm, edited 9/2/08 10:55 am - AZ
Deanne K.
on 8/13/08 12:45 pm - Tucson, AZ

Sorry to hear about your problem.  You are not the only one in your group.  Talked to another one having physical problems and had to be unfilled 3 times.  You need to fight the company and get an attorney if needed. 

Most Active