FINALLY!

merryterry
on 7/28/08 4:05 am - AZ
SBC emailed and said they submitted me to insurance!!!!!!!! YEEEEEHAAAAAWWW!!!!

I started this in February! Hopefully I'll have surgery before next February!

In the meantime, I'm focusing on water and eating less and better.

Have to add slowly and tiny pieces, too.
reggi_67
on 7/28/08 12:54 pm - Florence, AZ
RNY on 09/19/14
Hi Terry,
Congrats on your submission to your insurance !!!!  I too, received an email from SBC stating that my information was sent in today. I started in April and was getting a little frustrated because everytime I was told my info was being sent in something else would pop up. My insurance is on the picky side. (Az state Ran+ Am) but I am glad that it finally went in.
We should keep in touch... Maybe we can help one another through this journey?
[email protected]  Again... Congratuations !!!!
merryterry
on 7/28/08 2:59 pm - AZ
Congrats to you, too! It would be great to have a buddy through all this who is going through the same thing. Are you lapband or RNY? Lapband for me. I hope yours goes through with no problems.
reggi_67
on 7/29/08 12:34 pm - Florence, AZ
RNY on 09/19/14
Hi Terry...
I think I am looking at the Realize band. Since I live in the Boonedocks (Florence) , I like the online support that is involved. I normally get on the computer every night, especially this site.
I noticed that some in Chandler are getting together. I might look into that. Are you having surgery by Blackstone? I really havent decided. I heard there is a waiting list with Blackstone, since she is considered one of the best. I think that each surgeon has their own expertise...
Have you been jumping through all the hoops with your insurance? I am so glad to have all that stuff done. It was getting frustrating Ha Ha.  Now the real waiting is upon the both of us !!!!
Let me know if you hear anything...
Take care and keep in touch !!!!!!
nostood
on 7/29/08 12:41 pm - Gilbert, AZ

FYI - Banner gateway has a great program with lots of support group and office help.  They are Higley Road and the 60 freeway.  Dr. Shuster did my lapband, and Dr. Podkameni also does them, but more often RNY.  They have another surgeon now.  The office staff is really on top of it and are great at getting all the paperwork done and very good and responding back to phone calls, etc.  They don't have a huge wait so I would recommend investigating them.  Go on banner's website and look for the gateway bariatric program and they list their seminars where you can meet the surgeons and staff.

ginau
on 7/29/08 1:42 pm - mesa, AZ
I love theri support groups , the have a good variety and open to all !
reggi_67
on 7/30/08 12:56 pm - Florence, AZ
RNY on 09/19/14
Thank you for the info. There for awhile I was searching for another Bariatric program. As you can see, I was getting a little frustrated with getting all the paperwork completed. My insurance is through the State, and most of the time nobody will accept them because its so hard to get approved. Guess that is the scary part of it all.  Anyways... I will definetly look into Banners program. It is much closer than Scottsdale.
reggi_67
on 8/1/08 1:28 pm - Florence, AZ
RNY on 09/19/14
Hello Nostood,
Just wanted to say a big Thank You for telling me about Banner Gateway. They have already called, left message, and has acknowledged my insurance with Az. State. I will speak with Ilene on Monday to get all the particulars. I am feeling a little relief... I explained that I would like to be on a more personal level with the aftercare and support. Plus its so much closer to the "boonedocks"
Can I mention your name and the great reference you gave about them? Maybe you can get a free fill or something? Word of mouth is the best advertisement...
Thanks, again !!!!!!
merryterry
on 7/29/08 2:02 pm - AZ
I don't know what band I'll get. I haven't deeply investigated either one yet and thought I'd talk to the surgeon and see what is recommended. As for a surgeon, I guess I'll choose by the dates available and see who has a time that best fits my work schedule, etc. I know Dr. Blackstone has an excellent reputation but she also speaks very highly of the man now with her practice-I forget his name. I believe I trust her judgement as she is the best and has worked hard to develop her practice and reputation and it seems to me she would choose the best to join her.

One reason I chose SBC is the location in relation to where I live. Not location because of "Scotsdale" but I'd rather drive the 101 than I10 and the locations I found were either in like downtown Phoenix or some place further away. Also, some of th ehospitals didn't have very good reviews, but that may have changes. A lot of the reviews were several years old.

So, we'll see. They said it may take up to 30 days to hear back from the insurance. I hope i don't have to go park my very large behind on some suit's desk and recite my litany of co-morbid conditions to make them say yes!

I hope to go to the support group meeting Monday night. They also have online support meetings that are pretty new. I might check those out, too.

Keep in touch!
reggi_67
on 7/30/08 1:43 pm - Florence, AZ
RNY on 09/19/14
Hey Terry,
I attended two of the online support groups. They have good information... however all of the conversation focused on those that have already been banded. I kinda felt as if I could not offer any sound advise since I haven't had surgery yet. I was on the outside looking in. I'm sure that the live support group is different.
Since you brought up co-morbidities... When you had to go through all the tests... Did you discover " new ' diseases? I swear... everytime I went to my PCP, I was being diagnosed with a new co-morbidity. In less than one year I found out that I had Type II Diabetes, uncontrolled high blood pressure, thickening of the heart, and Sleep apnea. OHMYGOD... I am Forty One years old. There for a while I was thinking on the lines of Psychosymatic. I don't know maybe I am on to something. Ha Ha
Most Active