Becky's update

JRinAZ
on 7/16/08 12:30 pm - Layton, UT
I just spoke with Becky and her sweetie: Joe.  She is at Paradise Valley Hospital for the night.Other than some low blood pressure (they are pushing liquids in her)....she made it through great!  P.S. on arms, and all around the globe!  Wooooooooooo Hoooooooo!  Major curves ahead for our Tuscon Becky!!!  .....**Not sure she was coherent when I talked to her so I'll call again tomorrow*** .....  send prayers, happy thoughts and good wishes her way!!!  
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ginau
on 7/16/08 2:02 pm - mesa, AZ

Thanks Joyce !!

Glad to know she is doing well , P.V. takes pretty good care of folks - no complaints here.

Cant wait to see her at the O.H. event !! She's gonna look great !  Swelling will be down by then.

Gwynn M.
on 7/16/08 5:54 pm - Tucson, AZ
I'm so glad to hear that she got through it good!  Thats a LOT to have done.....I'm glad she has her JOE to help take care of her!!   Look forward to seeing and hearing from her. Thanks for the update Joyce...I was thinking about her!!
Deanne K.
on 7/17/08 1:18 am - Tucson, AZ
Glad to hear that she came through the surgery with flying colors.
Ann B.
on 7/20/08 12:00 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Joyce,  I spoke with Becky yesterday.  She is doing much better.  Her worse day was Thursday.  Her blood pressure was down.  She was given 2 pints of blood. She sounds good.  Joe is giving her light foods, not too much protein.  Her meds are keeping the pain away.  She said she knew when it was time for the meds when her back started burning.  She so grateful for all "your" help.  The equipment you loaned her has made things so much better and less painful.  She expects to stay in Phoenix,near the doctor  till Tuesday or  Wednesday.  The doctor wants to see her tomorrow(monday).  She said she is very happy with the size of her arms "from what little she can see".  Her arms are all wrapped up but she can tell size of them.  She is currently staying at a hotel nearby the doctor's office I think.

more later....hugs  Ann in Tucson
JRinAZ
on 7/20/08 4:23 am - Layton, UT
Thanks Anne for updating us about our Becky!!!!  She's been texting me.......I'll see her tomorrow in the office.  I'll resist the temptation to give her a big squeeze!  OUCH!!!.....Hey!  Can you give a shout to all of our Tucson WLS friends about the O.H. event???  I don't think many get on here to read anymore and I'm not hooked up with any of the Tucson yahoo groups?  I'd hate them to miss an incredible learning/FUN opportunity just cuz they didn't hear about it!   
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Ann B.
on 7/20/08 9:37 am - Tucson, AZ

Sure Joyce I'd be happy to post something about t he event....

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/21/08 10:26 am - Tucson, AZ

Joyce, sorry we missed each other this a.m.  Did see Jen though and she probably gave you a report on how I was doing.  Laura removed two tubes today, one from each arm.  I am still carrying around six!!!  I am feeling much better this afternoon, but I can't wait until Wed when I can take a shower.  I am itching like crazy.  I guess I have been managing my pain because I don't really think the pain is that bad.  I am just so very weak.  I guess everyone will have to start calling me the "queen of PS at NVPS" after what you told me this morning.  Time for another walk around the homestead.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Most Active