Need more protein?

Gena L.
on 7/14/08 7:18 am, edited 7/14/08 8:00 am - Sun City, AZ

I just finished the first cup of a great product Kroger Carb Master yogurt.  I know it has been writen about before on here ......but I am very impressed and this is the product that has made it possiblefor me  to achieve my 70 gms of protein daily. I tried strawberry as I am not a big yogurt fan but I can get this down.  12 gms of protein per 6 oz cup. Total fat -1.5 gms. Chol 5 mg and total carbs 4, sugars are 3 gms.

Sorry forgot to add this...Safeway will not have this unless they have their own similar brand. It is strictly a Kroger/Fry's food item.

L. TP
on 7/14/08 7:40 am

Hey Gena,

I don't have a "Kroger" anywhere....is this the same as frys?  Does Safeway carry it or anyone else?

Gena L.
on 7/14/08 7:50 am - Sun City, AZ

Hi Lyn's!  Fry's is owned by Kroger and will one day take their name.  You can get the yogurt at Fry's and it is with all the other yogurts. Has Kroger's name on the container but is the same Carb Master. Enjoy

Gena

liveinphx
on 7/14/08 10:05 am - Phoenix, AZ

Carbmaster is also really good for smoothies. I used some 75% reduced sugar apple or grape juice, carb master and a scoop of protein powder. Throw some crushed ice on top of that and whoosh whoosh goes the blender. Yummo

Gena L.
on 7/14/08 1:21 pm - Sun City, AZ

Thanks I will try that!

JRinAZ
on 7/14/08 2:53 pm - Layton, UT

Oh my gosh!  I finally settled myself into my favorite Moo Moo or is it mu mu?   (not juicy steak but a priority purchase in Hawaii!!!   Grass skirts were overrated)....anyway, back to the carb master concoction..........Me thinks I'm going to have to throw on some presentable somethings and roam the Fry's grocery aisles looking for the tastey master - monster?  crushed ice?  and then a whoosh whoosh to a yummy something?  .........I just love trying out new protein options!  Thanks for sharing!!! ............Did I tell y'all about how they remodeled my Fry's corner market and now I can't find anything!.....Plus, it takes me twice as long cuz they have 3 times as many choices to consider...........But, that's an entirely different post!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Gwynn M.
on 7/14/08 3:25 pm - Tucson, AZ

LOL...I have been plugging the FRY's CARB MASTER yogurt forever!!  I ABSOLUTELY love it. My favorite is the PEACH...has teeny tiny baby chunks of peach.  DEEEEELICIOUS!!  LOL...it's a daily thing for me....I add in a scoop of my IDS vanilla cinnamon (in the peach) and it's the best thing goin' on!!  And it IS delicious added in a shake form.....in the 'ol BULLET.

It really is a tasty, nutritious protein option!  And....the sugar is from Splenda.  So, I feel like it's almost a perfect food!!  Low carb...pretty good protein....better with added powder..and low in calories...high in calcium....what more could you ask for!!!!  I also throw in some extra calcium powder in it......sometimes add some ground flax.....LOL....you can really go hog wild!!

Now I want a peach yogurt!!  Enjoy!!

Gwynn

Gena L.
on 7/14/08 3:43 pm - Sun City, AZ

Me too Joyce......don't think they will ever finish the Sun City remodel.  Every time I find something they move so I have to go looking for it the next day!

But think of all the exercise we get looking for things ;-)  I expected the Kroger name to go up on the outside....but they put up another Fry's sign.

Gena

ginau
on 7/14/08 10:43 pm - mesa, AZ

Thanks for the heads up Gena ,, I am stopping on my way to the hospital this a.m. - Guess I willl take my little isulated lunchbox with me ...  Since I willbe there all day , I am packing a lunch . 

Most Active