I'm home!!

aboymom
on 7/13/08 12:27 am

I went to post on Friday when I came home but I couldn't get the site to work.  Of course, I felt pretty dopey for a long time so it might have been human error.

I have been home a couple of days.  I am feeling better every day.  The hospital was great.  All I did was walk and sleep.  I guess my body needed a lot of healing time since I had such a hard time staying awake.

I feel much better in the mornings.  By the evening, I am pretty dang sore.  I have to admit that I am ready to move to the next stage of the healing process.  My kids come home today so that might help me get my mind of my sore tummy!!!

Cynthia Johnson
on 7/13/08 12:57 am

Hello good to hear you are doing good.  Take it slow. Cynthia

Sandra C.
on 7/13/08 11:30 am - Phoenix, AZ

Glad to hear you are home and doing good! Now the worst is over and the good times will begin!

ScottAZ
on 7/13/08 11:58 am - Charleston, WV

Welcome home,  glad you got home safe.. Just keep walking, but with two young kids your should be fine there....

Once again thank you for you help.. and Looking forward to seeing the new you ....

Scott

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/08 12:07 pm, edited 7/13/08 6:17 pm - AZ

Kristin,

I can totally relate to the sleeping. I feel like exhustion has kicked in.  I keep falling asleep. But I still can't sleep at night. I am glad your hospital stay was great after what I went thru. I told them your coming in next and they better treat you good and pass there meds on time.  How does your back feel from the hospital bed. Mine is in spasm since my surgery. I know it is a combination of my fibromyalgia and the hospital bed. That hurts more than the surgery. I plan on seeing my fibro doctor this week to stop these spasms. Glad your back. Missed you on line.

Dawn

aboymom
on 7/14/08 2:57 am

My back is competely fine.  The meds they gave were fabulous.  I don't drink or smoke or take any scripts so I think my little virgin system was quite responsive to the meds.  In fact when Doc came I was really loopy and he took my button away.  I like the Lortab better, not as much fun, but I think that I can see more clearly on it.  I think I could have slept on the floor with those meds.  I can't even remember the bed.

I am trying to walk more today.  I am feeling wadded up and tired of feeling sick.  This open surgery was a little more intense than I expected but I can't complain.

Gwynn M.
on 7/14/08 6:13 am - Tucson, AZ

I'm glad to hear that they took good care of you with the MEDS!

After what Dawn went through with her fibro, it worries me! I have the fibro also so us gettin' out pain meds is crucial! 

I am a bit more freaked out about the whole OPEN part...since my original wls was lap rny.  But,  I totally agree with Dr. Schlesinger about him being able to SEE what's goin' on in there to be very important!!

I hope your tummy starts to feel better here real soon!

Gwynn

Most Active