Chocolate Isopure and Calcium

20candy07
on 7/12/08 5:37 am - Tolleson, AZ

Has anyone felt their blood rushing and felt energy after drinking the choc isopure?  I love those calcium citrate wafers, do they have side effects???

Sandra C.
on 7/12/08 7:28 am - Phoenix, AZ

Never noticed that but I did have a side effect after I ate a sugar free Hawaiin shaved ice. I barely got home in time to make it to the bathroom. I felt like I took a  double dose laxative!!

20candy07
on 7/12/08 10:27 am - Tolleson, AZ

Hey Sandra,

Sounds like your sugarfree shaved ice was not sugarfree.  You need to call the shaved ice people on that.  Your ice could have been loaded with sugar causing you to dump.  I am a diabetic and it wouldn't be the first time someone sold a sugared product and called it sugarfree.  Wow...

Sandra C.
on 7/12/08 8:54 pm - Phoenix, AZ

You know, I thought of that to, so I did go back to where I purchased it and asked to read the label on the bottle. It was sugar free and the sweetener used was sorbitol. I went home and looked it up on the computer and it said that a sorbitol side effect is that it may cause runny stools. So, that explained that!

20candy07
on 7/13/08 1:34 am - Tolleson, AZ

Yep, that would explain that.  Wow....I loved shaved ice too.  My water place doesn't make the sugarfree.  Watch out for the sugarfree Russell Stover chocolates too.  They give the same effect as the sorbitol. 

Most Active