New from Tucson area

marcie K.
on 6/28/08 7:01 am - Sahuarita, AZ
Hello, I just joined oh, though I was a member a few years ago when I started looking into this, but then I changed jobs and states and was losing weight on my own, well it came back (plus more, sigh) and now I'm looking into it again.  I'm 28 and I think I need to do something like this to help myself.  I look forward to getting to you know you all! Does anybody have doctors suggestions for the Tucson area?   Thanks!
Rachel B.
on 6/28/08 7:11 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with
Welcome back!  Seems like Chaisson and Burpee are the big two in Tucson.  I'm self-pay, so I am going out of state.  Besides, I'm neither interested in RNY or LapBand.  I know I have learned a lot from the boards here.  I hope you find everything you need.  And the TUSWLS group on yahoo has 3 monthly meetings for support in town. Best of Luck!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

AzViper
on 6/28/08 8:43 am, edited 6/28/08 8:49 am - AZ
If your thinking of Lap-Band Dr. Schwartz appears to be doing real well with us banners.

We have two monthly meetings open to the public. This coming Tuesday  St. Joseph Hospital from 6:30PM to 8:30PM in the basement passed the kitchen... The other meeting is always on Saturday mornings from 10:00AM to 12:00PM the last week of the month. You missed todays meeting.

This week’s meeting covers "Body Imaging" How you perceive yourself before and after the weight loss. We had a psychologist on hand in an open forum of discussion.

Deweyscts
on 6/28/08 11:51 am - Scottsdale, AZ
I'm soooooo glad you came back to the boards...I'm going to need your adivse soon... Dewey
azreggie
on 6/28/08 8:49 am - Tucson, AZ
Welcome to AZ.  I go to the support group on Tuesday at St Joe's 6:30 pm.  Why don't you join us?!

Reggie

Sarah V.
on 6/30/08 3:05 am
There are two surgical weight loss programs in Tucson.  One operates out of Northwest Hospital and the other from St. Joe's.   I have experience with both programs.  Several years ago when I first started planning on WLS, I went to NW.  I changed my mind about having surgery at that time and decided to try again the "old fashioned way."  In late 2006 when I decided to pursue it again, my current insurance plan (Aetna) was not accepted by their program so I investigated the St. Joe's program.  I ultimately had Lapband surgery at St. Joe's with Dr. Schwartz. I think both have excellent, experienced physicians.  The NW program has been around significantly longer so they seem to have their "ducks in a row" a little more.  The St. Joe's program is coming along, though. My suggestion would be to find out if both programs are an option with your insurance.  I would also encourage you to attend the support group meetings for both.  Both programs will require that and it's a good starting point. Good luck.

Lap Band September 2007 / Slip discovered March 2014 after significant regain / Revised to VSG April 29, 2014

Most Active