I can't believe tomorrow is the day!

jonijo
on 6/25/08 4:46 am - Buckeye, AZ
Wow. I have my lap band surgery tomorrow. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I Still have things I need to do since I know I won't be doing alot for awhile. I'm going to miss being in the pool for a few weeks. I had a dream last night that when I got there, the lobby of the surgical center it was like a Johnny Rockets with hamburgers and fries and milkshakes for everyone and it was one big party. The last hoo raa! I wonder what a dream anylist would have to say about that. At the end of the dream you are leaving pretty drugged up and yell bye to everyone and go out the doors with your hospital gown flapping in the back bareing all.  I know I haven't posted on here too much and no one knows me well. I hope this wierdness dosen't keep anyone away. I'm just so full of emotions right now and didn't know what to do with it all, soooo,,,I'm leaving some of it here. Did anyone else goes nuts the day before WLS?  

jenniebr
on 6/25/08 6:51 am - queen creek, AZ
Joni,  Funny thing is most if not all of us have been where you are.  I was on my way to the hospital and kept telling my husband, "maybe I could just diet and workout", I got there and Dr DeBarros put me at ease, I knew that I could do it.  The sedation helped too!  Dr D is awesome (and Dr Orris too!).  I really needed the type of Bedside manner that DeBarros has.    Relax and enjoy, your are in great hands! Make sure to update us post op!
Jen
Banded 12/15/05
At goal-7/14/06
Total Loss-140 pounds
jonijo
on 6/25/08 7:14 am - Buckeye, AZ
Jen, I know what you mean about the last minute thinking that you can do it on your own. I've gone through that on the pre-op thinking if I can do this I can lose weight on my own. Then I realize, been there tried that about a hundred times. I know I need this and I really want it, it's just the last minute jitters. I can't wait to be where you are. I know it's going to be worth it all.

(deactivated member)
on 6/25/08 6:57 am - AZ
I bet in your dream they were any whey milk shakes or the unjury chocolate ones !!!! I will be just like you next Tuesday for my revision with Dr Schlesinger. Good Luck on your big day. Dawn
jonijo
on 6/25/08 7:18 am - Buckeye, AZ
Thanks Dawn. I'm sure they were real milk shakes cause it was a dream.  I hope you do better than me. I haven't had any pani****ill today so I guess I should be glad about that.

Most Active