Dealing with Doctor's Office

Deweyscts
on 6/24/08 11:30 pm - Scottsdale, AZ

Hi Ray and Melissa....It's me the other one who can't get through to that office.   When I started this journey way back in November, I was told about 3 months to get everything done.  So back in April everything was done.  No calls.  Oh I have called several times and unable to talk to a single person.  Then Melissa went down there and Oh Boy thought she had gotten somewhere.  I even told my PCP to please call that office and have them call me.  Julie called (who used to work for Dr. Maxwell) while I was at work.  So called back can't get through.   This whole time I was trying to get this done and get 70#'s off before I had to have hip surgery.  Well I've almost given up.  I need to get this hip surgery it hurts all the time.  It hurts to work, exercise(except the pool) and is effecting my whole life. I think I will make an app't with my PCP today and see what he suggests.  Thank God for him.  I know he thinks I'm whinning and I am... I do believe the only way to get anything done in that office is to go down there and do a face to face. I need an office that will respond to me and that is closer to me.  Yesterday I was thinking I will just go down there tomorrow at 8:00 A. M. tomorrow (day off) and just get my records and see who else will take me. I've had it........

Deweyscts
on 6/24/08 11:34 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
And another thing.  Everyone else here on the boards are done and losing weight.  Their Doctors and Staff seem to genuinely want to help them.  I need someone who cares.....
Gena L.
on 6/25/08 8:40 am, edited 6/25/08 8:41 am - Sun City, AZ
Gena L.
on 6/25/08 7:00 pm - Sun City, AZ
I don't know who deleted my oringinal message but it was not me.   Onr day I got fed up with the Fang/Juarez office....several weeks after I was told by the office that I should have been approved.  Trying to get to the bottom of things I called my insurance BC/BS Federal Employee to see if they had received my packet.  I explained what I had been going through.  They offered to call the docs office and shake them up a little.  They sure did...by 4 PM the same day I had a date and was told I never needed approval in the first place!  The woman who made me so nuts is no longer there I am told.  The office changed my date several times but I only had to wait 2 weeks from the date origninally set for me.

Deweyscts
on 6/25/08 11:49 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Gina,  Thanks for your respose.  I appreciate it. Don't know what I'm going to do now.  I was going down there today but my boss needs me to work today.  So maybe tomorrow.  I think I will just get my records and try to change Doctors.  I do want to make it very clear that I do like Dr. Fang.  When I had my app't with him, I was impressed.  He is very capable and knowledgable and I feel a little sad that I need to change... I know your response was to the original poster Ray, but we are all in the same boat with that office so I wanted to respond to you directly.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 6/26/08 12:36 am - Tucson, AZ
Just my 2 cents, but all of you who keep complaining about this office......have any of you talked directly to the doctors about the problems you are having with their staff????  I would also vent my frustrations to Kelly at the Bridges Centre since they are part of the complete package.  Two years ago I experienced a couple of problems but nothing like I am hearing now.  It doesn't seem to be doing much good talking about it on this board. 
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/08 1:28 am, edited 6/26/08 7:38 am - AZ
I would also note that it is a way to vent and make sure your not the only ones having problems with the office. When all this happen to me, I complained to the office manger and nothing was done. I also talked to Dr Fang/Juarez about office procedures and they listen and that was it. I very nice to have them hear me out but It appears that it did not do any good. These are just examples what has happen to me back in 2004. People can take it leave or leave it. Just trying voiceing my opinion. Thanks
ginau
on 6/26/08 1:39 am - mesa, AZ
Better yet  call the ST Lukes Hospital administrator...  after all   they are doing  business under St Lukes Hospital !
Gena L.
on 6/26/08 6:30 am, edited 6/26/08 6:32 am - Sun City, AZ
Well, having worked in a hospital for years and appalled at the lack of professionalism in this office ...I tried discussing it with Dr Juarez in a very tactful manner.  He made it very clear he did not want to discuss the situation with me.  So....that was where we left it. It appears that this has been going on for years so apparently both docs are comfortable with the status quo. If I had not received my date when I did I would have changed surgeons myself. I was then worried about after care. I have had a few problems since surgery and had to be seen ASAP....I was both times thank goodness.  If I had it to do over tho I think I would have gone elsewhere. My surgery was done at Good Sam and was in no way involved with Bridges or St Luke's. Gena

Deweyscts
on 6/26/08 2:10 am - Scottsdale, AZ
One of the questions I forgot to ask Dr. Fang was "What is your cell phone number"...... Oh and yes Kelly is great she's the only person I've been able to talk to....Last week she was gone to a seminar... If you are sick of reading these posts by all means don't.
Most Active