2 weeks!!!! OMG!!

dramqueen6
on 6/24/08 6:57 am - Glendale, AZ
Okay so my surgery is happening in 2 weeks.. I cant believe how fast this time has gone by.. Now I have this impending doom kinda of fear that for some reason my surgery is going to be delayed..LOL Anyone have any ideas on how I can pass my 2 weeks up?  What should I do around the house to prepare?  What should I bring with me to the hospital? Was there something that you realy wished you had brought with you..  What should I buy to have on stock when I come home from the hosptial??  Any ideas are welcome!  Thanks Guys!! :)

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
azreggie
on 6/24/08 7:41 am - Tucson, AZ
The things I did to pass the time was get my house in order, and my closet.  I made sure that I had some SF puddings on hand and some Crystal lite.  Some boullion and some cream soups(strained later of course!) Some SF Instant Breakfast, non fat milk and some Lite yogurt.  I had my carpets and house cleaned and the yard done. (I wouldn't be able to rest if I had those nagging at me.)  The only things that I took to the hospital were my pillow and Blistex. I wore the same clothes home that I wore there. Oh and a change of underwear.  That's it for me.  You're going to be just fine, but it might be a good idea to put your clothes in sizes going down so you can go "shopping" later. And you will!  Best of luck

Reggie

L. TP
on 6/24/08 8:13 am
Bring as little to the hospital as possible. I found that my favorite throw/blanket was a godsend and so was my slippers.  I also brought my toothbrush, hair brush, hair shampoo and hair tie.  You can take a shower (barely) on your third day.  Other than that, I really didn't feel up to reading or anything.  You will be so tired you will likely just want to sleep every moment you are able.  Oh, and I also brought a pillow but you could just ask for more.  Wear the most comfy easy to get on and off pjs to the hospital.  You will wear them home.  I made sure that all of my laundry was totally done and my house was clean.  That helped a great deal.  You won't be able to do that for a little bit when you come home.  It was a blessing.  I also got a pedi.  That was very smart also. It will go by super fast, i can't believe how fast it has already gone for you! Lyns
quiltz
on 6/24/08 10:02 am - Phoenix, AZ
My room was very close to the nurse's station and the activity at night kept me awake.  Since actually getting a few brief minutes in the bed was precious, I feel like I missed the opportunity!  If I were going to do this again, believe me, I would take ear plugs!
dramqueen6
on 6/25/08 7:01 am - Glendale, AZ
Okay do you think a king size comforter would be a bit much?  LOL its my favorite blanket!!!! 

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
Most Active