Az Weight Loss Center?

goldilochs17
on 6/22/08 2:21 am - AZ
Good Morning everyone! This is my first post and I have a question. I'm shopping for a surgeon to do my lap-band surgery. I've been to Banner and I'm not impressed. I have an appointment at AZ Weight Loss Center w/ Dr.S. I was wondering if anyone had an experience with this Facility, that they could share? The doctor, the staff. the insurance approval team etc.
ginau
on 6/22/08 2:44 am - mesa, AZ
You lucky Girl !!!!   You are going to Love Dr Schlesinger... he is awesome.        Jen  runs the office and will take good care of getting everything in order.  make sure to take any reports , docsuments you have .. They are pretty fast in getting things turned in and approvals .  Take a list of questions and a friend to listen ...  Doc talks to you  Not at you !!
jonijo
on 6/22/08 3:45 am - Buckeye, AZ
 Hi. Welcome. Good luck on your search. I think alot of people have been happy there. Now that you have posted don't be a stranger.

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/08 5:53 am
I think you will really like him.  I went to a support group yesturday for his group and  was surprised to see him at the group.  I guess he hosts them for his clients.  He answered questions and was very helpful.  Kinda wish he was my surgeon.
Garys
on 6/22/08 7:14 am - Mesa, AZ

I had a Lap Band from Dr. Schlesinger a bit over two weeks ago at PV hospital and everything worked out well. I had a few initial problems with the insurance approval process but the office has made some changes since then and I believe things are running smoothly now. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/08 7:45 am - AZ
Your shopping has ended right here. I would check out Dr Schlesinger. He is a great surgeon. If you have any questions he will talk to you. His personal assistant named Jenn is fantastic. She is nice and helpful and I have never seen a office thats run very well. She attemps to go out of your way to help you. She very knowlegable about bariatric surgery. She is the one that submits the paper work to your insurance company. She submitted to my insurance which is Healthnet medicare hmo and got approved in 10 min. I never seen this ever happen. I have been working in healthcare for over 20 years and this office is rockin. Check them out....
JRinAZ
on 6/22/08 9:35 am - Layton, UT
AZ Weight Loss Center?  Do you mean AZ Weight Loss Insitute?  Az Weight Loss Solutions?  Az Surgicical Specialty?  .............Dr. S = Dr. Schlesinger? Offers all types of surgeries and Revisions  Dr. S = Dr. Simpson ? Offers Lapband  Dr. S = Dr. Simon Offers Rny with silastic ring and some Revisions. Arizona has some amazing Doctor's!!!  If you were wondering about Dr. Schlesinger at AZ Weight Loss Solutiotions then you'll definitely be in good hands.  Dr. Schlesinger did my Revision the end of December and having had plastic surgery before, I can attest to his fabulous stitching!!!  .....  His aftercare is amazing as he takes a personal approach; keeping the small town doctor feel about things rather than the gigantic institutional style where you see a zillion assistants.  Everyone is attracted to different types of personalities but I have really appreciated Dr. Schlesinger's warmth and genuiness.  Let us know what you think!  Happy healthy trails to you!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/08 12:09 pm, edited 6/22/08 12:12 pm - AZ
I Ditto your comments. Dr Schlesinger is all that and better. I don't even know the name of his business. I found it looking on th OH site under Find A Bariatric Surgeon. I had already spelled out his name in my post. Dr Schlesinger is great   Dawn 
MShawn62
on 6/22/08 2:04 pm - Avondale, AZ
Dr. Schlesinger did my open RNY two weeks ago tomorrow and everything was pretty close to perfect.  I feel so great I'm going back to work this week, unless he has hugh objections.  Jen in the office is so great.  I can not find anything negative to say at all about the whole program. Shawn
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wow7xaM/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wow7xaM/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
aboymom
on 6/23/08 12:13 am
He is doing my surgery in a few weeks and I have NO worries about the procedure, just the process.  I CAN"T WAIT!!
Most Active