Hello

ScottAZ
on 6/17/08 1:26 am - Charleston, WV
You folks were right about Dr.S.... but no way did i think it would be this fast either.. And yes i am on a liquid diet..woo hoo protein shakes, chicken, ground turkey....i am sure some how diet coke does count as a clear liquid...if not diet coke, then diet sprite..ROFL.....Have my buds taking me out for dinner tonight ...god i am just so freaking stoked right now about this...
Jeanne G.
on 6/17/08 1:35 am - Peoria, AZ
:You go Scott! I met you at the meeting Saturday too, my first. I never was a soda drinker but I smoked 3 packs until 11 years ago. That was the hardest thing I ever did. You quit smoking and are having a hard time with the sodas, YOU CAN DO IT! Good luck on your journeys!

Jeanne G

aboymom
on 6/17/08 1:38 am
I have to admit I was on the phone with Jenn from Dr. S's office yesterday (talking about my insurance submission) and she said she had heard we had been talking about them at our support group meeting.  She mentioned a new guy from our meeting was in the office right then.  IT HAD TO BE YOU!  Of course she couldn't tell me for exactly sure but, come on, who else could it be!!  I couldn't believe it.  That was like at noon!  Holy moly they got you in fast!  This is really meant to be, huh?  Aren't they great? Well I am so excited for you.  If I get my approval today I will be EVEN more excited so I won't be so jealous!  So the diet does include some chicken?  I was visualizing nothing but protein shakes for two weeks!  Glad to know there is a little food!  Well, I am sipping Diet Coke right now.  Kind of early to hit the bottle, HUH?  And I am waiting for my insurance to let me know I AM A GO!  (Positive thinking!!)
motorhomemama
on 6/17/08 3:56 am - Okotoks, Canada
Well good for you Scott, so glad they could get you in before your insurance runs out.  You are probably still in shock from the quick surgery date but I am sure you will do great.  I am from Canada and I am coming down this winter to get my surgery as we have a place in Mesa. Dr. Blackstone will be my surgeon....I am scared too but really looking forward to getting rid of this cumbersome fat...anything I have to go through will be worth it.   Keep posting  and once again...good luck>   Eydie
342/298/280175  highest / surgery  wtNov 19/08/ current/ goal
jonijo
on 6/17/08 7:19 am - Buckeye, AZ
Hi Scott. I'm pretty new here myself. I've posted a few times and the people here are great. I have lap band surgery a week from this Thursday on the 26th. AAAAAgggggghhhhh!!! I'm a bit nervous. Not lovin the pre op diet. Tomorrow is my birthday, and no cake.   I know it's going to be worth it though. I can't wait to get healthier and feel better. Plus I've lost about 5 pounds in 4 days, so that keeps me going. I havent been to a group meeting yet. Will probably go to banner estrella. West side is more convienient for me. I hope things go good in your surgery and recovery is quick.

maxaz1
on 6/17/08 11:04 am - Scottsdale, AZ
OKAY SCOTT!!! Way to go.  I tell you - this journey will make your head spin!  congratulations, and be sure to keepin touch as you become the incredible shrinking man. (you have to be my age to remember that movie!) Maxine
L. TP
on 6/17/08 12:31 pm
Congrats!  You have an amazing doctor!  Make sure you give us an update (or someone) as soon as possible (after your surgery).  Lyns
Most Active