Still waiting..................

Gena L.
on 6/10/08 7:55 am - Sun City, AZ
I can empathize with all of you.....I got such a run around while trying to schedule my surgery and I was so stressed by this office. I can tell you that I got better results by talking to John....he was usually able to get me through to who ever I needed to speak with. Perhaps telling them on the phone or in a voice mail that you are persistant and will only keep calling till you get the info you need will hurry them along.  I believe I got him by pushing the o at the prompt. I truly do not understand why Fang and Juarez do not clean up that office as it is a terrible reflection on their professionalism.  If you need to send them paper work or need to receive paper work from them ...... I took the time to drive to St Luke's to their office. They will tell you that they mailed it...or faxed it but I never received anything by mail and finally would just drive down there after calling to tell them to have any paper work ready for me at the front desk. I was told that my pre-op paper work was mailed 3 times....now come on.....the post office did not loose my paper work 3 times!  Good luck to all of you. I was seriously considering making a change in surgeon's when they finally gave me a date. Just double check everything they do.

Deweyscts
on 6/10/08 8:43 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Gena you are so nice for commenting.  I really appreciate you.  Thanks for your advise.  What hospital did you have your surgery in???  If you don't mind me asking...Not that I think I'll ever get to one. LOL 
(deactivated member)
on 6/10/08 8:59 am - AZ

If you can't get thru to this doctors office and you have a postop problem what are you going to do ?I had this problem with this doctors office and I could not get thru to the oncall doctor. I had to be readmitted beause this doctors office  never returns my million phone calls or follow thru on what they are suppose to do.Thats scary to me. Good Luck with the doctor you are seeing....

Deweyscts
on 6/10/08 10:28 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Dawn.....Did you start with these Doctors???  Then did you Change To Schlesinger??  Just wondering....... Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 6/10/08 12:30 pm - AZ
I interviewed 3 doctors and I pick the best one out of the group. My positon in fing a good surgeon is he or she has a great reputation. You can call the office easily and get some to call you back within the day. If I a urgent situation and I need to talk to my doctor, he will call me day or night. Another is a good bedside manner. Those criteris must me met for me to be their pt. I had to many problems at other sugeons and their staff. I am not putting up with any more. I am not going to see a doctor where I have to beg to get a call back. Thats  mt thoughts on this subject. Good Luck
Gena L.
on 6/10/08 12:56 pm - Sun City, AZ
I had my surgery at Good Sam...had excellent care there.  As for those who are concerned with acute/emergency post-op care I can tell you this....I could not eat or drink at 6 weeks post op. I called the office on a Monday and they had me seen in the office that same day. Dr Juarez thought I might have a stricture.  Jackie had me scheduled at St Luke's on the very next day for an EGD. It does not get much better than that...trust me as I have worked in other endoscopy units. Both Dr's are very good...it is just their office help that stinks...LOL! Gena

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/08 9:34 am
Deweyscts, I would be happy to go down there with you.  I actually plan on driving there tomorrow and having Sabrina fax my packet in for approval to the insurance company as I watch.  The insurance company has told me they have had issues in the past with this provider and they would suggest that I go and watch them fax it.  I could not believe it, a insurance company telling me to do that.  I am a really non-confrontational person, but I really want my life back so I keep doing things I normally would not do, like calling Sabrina 2 times a day. Not sure what your insurance is but Dr. Fang no longer takes mine after 90 days are up, I have already lost 2 weeks of that waiting for Sabrina to do her thing.  Good luck to you, I hope things start looking up with Dr. Fang's office. Thanks, Melissa
Deweyscts
on 6/10/08 9:59 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Melissa... I would love to go with you down there ........Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow......But I really do have questions about our Post care if they are so laxed about our pre care....Do you think they are that busy??  Have you seen alot of surgeries on the board from these Doctors??  I'm just asking, I don't know.  But if I get the Lap band and get stuck, or slip or whatever will we get call through????? I have Aetna Insurance....I don't know what other Doctors take it, but I might be finding out.   You really need to get down there if your insurance is up in 90 days...It's gotta be pretty bad if the insurance company is complaining about the provider.......Don't you think??????? Let me know what happens down there tomorrow.  It will be very interesting.......Keep you eyes and ears open .  Okay??? I already love ya and don't even know ya.... Jerry Ann
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/08 6:54 am

Jerry Ann, So  assertive Melissa went down to Dr.  Fang's office this morning.  I almost chickened out in the parking lot as I really have a hard time being forceful with people and tend to get walked all over.  But I did it and was surprised at how nice they were.  The surprise visit could not have gone better.  Sabrina came up and apologized for not calling me back and went out of her way to answer my questions.   The outcome is not exactly what I would have wished for.  My insurance just changed their rules and now everyone must have a echo and pulmonary check.  Before it was doctors discretion and Dr. Fang had not felt I needed it.  So I have put in a call to PCP to have a referral done for these items and hopefully I will get seen asap and be ready to submit to insurance again.  I feel like I have been trying to have this surgery forever and keep hitting speed bumps.  I really want to have this surgery over the summer so I can recover and be ready for the fall semester at college.  I only need 2 more semesters and I am on the waiting list for the nurses program.  How wonderful it would be to order my school scrubs in a normal size instead of plus.   By the way, love you too, Jerry Ann! Melissa

Deweyscts
on 6/11/08 2:30 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
You are absolutely a sweetheart......I hate confrontations too.  I'm older than you and have more experience at them.  I am so glad you went down there.  If you hadn't more time would have passed and so would have went your insurance.....I knew the staff would be more responsive to a face to face.  Now you need to get your PCP to get you in quickly to cardiologist.  Just so you know for insurance reasons I had to have the stress test done a week apart from the echocardiogram or they wouldn't cover it.....I did not have a pulmonary test.  But the stress test checks Shortness of Breath..... As far as Scrubs are concerned no one can tell what size you are in them.  But those who wear them are all respected....... Stay on top of everything now...Hand deliver all your paperwork and have them sign for it.  That's what Gina said...... Let us know how you are doing....... All my best and very proud of you... Jerry Ann
Most Active